Friday, December 30, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
I also actually planned a whole weeks menu (usually ad-lib a couple meals).
mon- rob's pizza sandwiches
Tues- salad w/ crispy chicken
wed- Turkey burgers & fries
Fri- ham potato cheese casserole or Rob's sandwiches
Saturday- Mennonite Bean Soup (chicken soup for rob)
Sun- chicken lil sammys
The casserole & the bean soup are from my new cookbook I got for Christmas - Treasured Amish & Mennonite Recipes. The soup sort of reminds me of my oldest Best friend's mom's ham & beans. I didn't really like it much as a kid but I'd probably eat anything except peanut butter to spend more time at my bestie's house! As an adult I'm curious if I'd like it more, now that my food spectrum has expanded, maybe I should ask her for the recipe of this one is less than expected.. hm.....
So tomorrow the hubster & I have errands (return something to walmart & check out clearance, get milk, maybe a public run) and we may go to the movies. Probably the last for awhile since School is less than 2 weeks away..... I still don't think it's fully hit me that I have a huge test (like a final) the first week of class. And I'm far from ready for Pharm. Maybe I should skip my fin-aid & order my books (2) from Amazon since I can't get them from the bookstore for another week....
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
So today I was able to organize the money gifts we got for the holidays and a deposit I had withdrawn several weeks ago. I was able to add them back to our "savings" (BTW way we are $2,800 from our goal & have til May). I even added my own little personal savings (to save for a big ticket item, used my unspent allowance & Christmas money) & a thought popped into my head... maybe I should make a savings for God...?.... If I did attend Church I'd definitely make a donation.... So I think I'm going to take $10 out of my hiding spot & place it in an envelope marked God.... maybe I'll save until my next churchy event or til next Christmas & donate it to a church or Christian fund to help the less fortunate. I'm not rich but I'm not poor & I guess I feel like I should make an attempt to a tithe.
- Do you watch American Horror on FX, if so then you'll understand my sentiment "wow", so if you want a peek into season 2 then read this article, looks like we won't be seeing the "house" or the Harmon clan (sadface) but it will be totally different, maybe not even a haunting at all....
- Want to drop a pound or 2? Mosr americans probably could spare a few... read theses tips
- I'm a sucker for those articles that rank American towns, check out this one on the Best Downtowns here....
Ok so today was kind of slow for tidbits, Thought there would be some awesome deal for after Christmas shopping, I did find True Blood season 3 in the Target ad & online for $15 but other than that .... lots of stores have sales if you have any money left to blow lol
It seems like a lot but know God's will is what will be and I have faith & confidence in his direction for my life & my family's. So if you choose, send me prayers for my goals- particularly the graduating school & being a nurse one, since those are the earliest tasks at hand & will open more doors than I even know right now. God made me a giver & called me to be a nurse, with those 2 things I think I can really help some people in the world. For all my loved ones and those you read my blog I send you prayers for blessings & that your 2012 will be joyous & that you & yours can have great things in store like I may have.... Turn to the Lord for he loves you, forgives you, & only wants good things for you.....
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
- Check out these "of the month" clubs, like fruit of the month, beer of the month, etc.
- Need a creative idea to wrap a gift? Check out money saving mom's post here
- Check out this graphic about USA pets from Frugal Dad here
So I have a mountain of laundry & some major cleaning to do....
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Sunday, December 11, 2011
- Nursing 4 will be over (by the grace of God I'll walk out of that room with a big smile silently repeating "thank you God thank you God")
- I'll be getting cozy in bed so I can wake up way before dawn
- As long as the first point (above) is glorious then I'll be starting a new chapter in Nursing - Prepare for 5/Pharm/6, know it , breath it, eat it.... & I'll be thankful for nothing can bring me down or take away this Christmas gift from God. When I'm a nurse I'll have alot of "paying it forward" to do, I'll do with a grin & gratitude!
So I'd say at lest by mid-day, maybe 48 hours until test start I began the nervous/stressing feeling. Not the ok I'm worried. The physical- I need some Mcd ice cream cne or cheesecake, I want to eat, I don't want eat, I think I should work out but I can't because "it takes away study time", the "I wish I had 3 more days", I can't study anymore, I can't study enough, I shuld stay up late tonight & study but then by 9 I can't focus & I just feel blah. Blah almost sickly, just not great but no pain. Take a few deep breaths, read the bible or pray. This will continue until I leave for the exam. All I want, strive for, & ask God to help me with his to pass this test, pass this class. It's like labor- once it's over with i'm so happy.
Monday, December 5, 2011
- Want over 3,000 mp3 songs? go here to amazon, many Christmas songs!
- Check out this charming house plan, isn't it nice & cozy? Maybe I'll be blessed with a place this beautiful & spacious in the future....
- Right now Walgreens (at least in Central FL) has a dozen eggs for 99cents which is a pretty good deal because all my other local stores have them for over a $1.
- Want some discounted shoes? Head to payless.com and use the code mentioned in Hip2Save's post, it will earn you 40% off. I wasn't going to get my husband the slippers he saw at Kohls (ones you can wear outside) but payless has even cuter ones for $19.99, with discount will be sweet! Want something sweeter? get it shipped to your local store to save almost $6.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Then after my final, I'll be waking up way before dawn on the 14th to make my way north to TN. The picture above is Graceland (not going there but all I could find when searching "Christmas in TN"). But I'm sure my brother's house is lighted up with Christmas joy!
Saturday, December 3, 2011
So the next day Rob asked if I would do something like that. This is probably going to sound odd but I think Rob and I almost anticipate getting pregnant to be a challenge. We are starting later than most and then there is a time period for the birth control hormones to run out. I guess I just wouldn't be surprised if it took a lot to get pregnant.... Hopefully next year we can give it a try.
The story really touched us both I think and the night was good. Maybe I'm wrong but I think maybe Rob god one step closer to God. Therefore, besides my own interests, it was a successful evening. I'd go again in a few years or if in the Houston area consider stopping by his church. So...
- on his website he has some printable things I think are cool go here and scroll to the Resources
- I also got his new book (bestseller listed) Everyday a Friday from the library, it happened to be delivered that day.... Divine Delivery?
I think it's past my bedtime. I was not very pleased with my latest test results so I must study and do excellent on the Final on Dec. 13th. Then it's off to TN for some R & R and hopefully snow. With God's Will this will be our last vaca to my brother's house due to my graduation & moving next May.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
- Make pumpkin pie & deviled eggs
- Prep turkey in roasting pan & veggies
- Put away clothes (didn't do yesterday)
- Vaccum (didn't do yesterday)
- Do errands with hubster (didn't do yesterday)
- Do CVS shopping at midnight
- Monitor Amazon
I think that's it, of course my silent intention is to have the bulk of it done (stuff I can do at home) by noon so I can then plan my CVS trip & continue with my note card making, because for some reason I didn't complete them yet..... All I know for sure is that I will not be getting 8 hours of sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be cooking, watching the parade, & visiting as many deals online as possible- maybe I should take the laptop to the kitchen? I'm sure I'll pass out in the afternoon, I probably should plan a nap because tomorrow night we have an evening run to Walmart, & I've been tempted to stop at kohls but probably won't. I'm really an online shopper, hate having to work to find items I want in store, if you know what I mean. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
- Make as many note cards as I can (prep for test next week)
- Put away my clothes
- Make dinner (pork chops, broccoli, & rolls i think)
- Do something else productive (ex: make cookies to satisfy my baking urge- rob can take to work tomorrow, work on my xmas shopping list - what i have, what i need, decorate the tree I put several days ago?)
- Run my errands (husband & mood willing)
- Continue to monitor Amazon for deals
The likeliness of me completing this list is probably 75% chance lol! Kind of feel like a slow start, considering I think I have maybe an hour until I start my workout. But I suppose at the end of day, regardless of what I accomplish, I'm grateful I have today. Did I fail to mention I have some sinus infection or something going on the past 3 or 4 days.... ugh
Need a last minute recipe for T-day? Check out Kraft!
Monday, November 21, 2011
- Amazon deals
- Forever 21 pre-black friday sale (starting at $2.99)
- Old Navy 35% off with code MERRY
- Aeropastle 50% off & free ship with $75 purchase
- Torrid BOGO 50%
Enjoy the shopping...
Sunday, November 20, 2011
- Dollar General: got the awesome deal om Libby's canned veggies (sale 40 cents/can) used my $1/4 coupon so I ended up with 16 cans = $2.40
- Next I went to pet smart where my husband saw puppies- OMG if I said yes we'd have a new family member but then again... we'd possible have a kid by now. I asked Rob baby or puppy? he said puppy lol! I truly can't blame him, after all at some point in my life my dogs were not my pets anymore, if you know what I mean. Doubt many will understand by Max is my baby, and sadly one day I'll have to say goodbye- can you imagine that feeling? Anyways I got a couple gifts for my doggies, spent $21
- Then went to target- forgot to use my gift card like a dummy ($5 rob got from work) but ended up getting the last of my personal holiday cards & a birthday card, some charlie brown Christmas glasses set, spent way too much...
- Then Old Navy: 75% of sweaters. Deal & sweaters- sold! Got 1 (many had rifled through) a $50 sweater for under $15. Yes I'm addicted to Old Navy & sweaters. Yes I live in FL where it's still in the 80's most days- I have issues, who doesn't !?!
Lessons I learned - Sundays suck for dealing with crowds, should have stopped to eat before we got to the shopping center (like McD's or taco bell- cheapo!), & I might actually be better at shopping online because i can look and think much longer than in store. Also it kind of leaves a bitter taste in your mouth when you spend nearly $20 for 2 adults to see a movie.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
- This one is for my oldest best friend, 2012 baby trends, read it here...
- Are you doing in-store Black Friday shopping, Deal news has a list of freebies (in store only) check it out here. At the moment I'm only going to Wal-mart, could stop my Kohls only because it's like 5 minutes away but truth me told unless i know for sure what I want, pushing through crowds suck so I'll miss my fav Old Navy deals but hey that's why Cyber monday is for! (or cyber Thanksgiving week? since Amazon is starts deals monday- time to stock the bank account hehehe) did I mention I hit up the drug stores too?
- Wanna win $15,000? Enter this giveaway daily til the end of the year...
Just a few links to start the day...
Friday, November 18, 2011
- Ready for some parades & holiday family TV time? Go here for the TV guide calendar. Looks like you have a choice of 2 parades (Macy's on NBC & The Thanksgiving Parade on CBS both start at 9am). Then later that evening get the family together to watch a new Ice Age Mammoth Christmas, followed by a brand new Charlie Brown (Happiness is a warm blanket) on Fox!
- Have you bought your meal fixings for T-day? I just did yesterday. Of course my feast won't be huge, as it will just be 3 people but we'll be having Turkey, sister schubert's yeast rolls, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes & gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, scalloped corn (aka corn puddin), apple & pumpkin pies, & of course our "relish" tray to snack on all morning (carrots, celery, dip, cheese, crackers). I'll miss my sweet potato casserole, GB casserole, & noodles but maybe next year when I'll have more family and friends I can go all out. (yes, I am not making homemade rolls don't judge me!)
- Word is Amazon will begin black Friday on Monday- check out the countdown....
Well that's all for preview at the moment. I just got 3 magazines & a library book in the mail so I'm off to browse them & get some productive things on their way.... Happy Turkey shopping!
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- Normally I wouldn't post a "negative" article but this truly offended me. I don't really want to discuss it but it involves a children's store and inappropriate merchandise. I truly believe that this really should involve a minimum amount of common sense to determine it isn't a good/smart idea.... Check it out here if you want....
- Get a free thanksgiving card at Tiny Prints here, use code FREETHX11. I ordered for a few weeks ago for my dad, I customized with a message inside and a photo printed on the inside of the card as well, I paid 44 cents but only because I'm having them mail it to my dad VS send it to me for me to mail.
- If you haven't signed up with Zulily yet, click my link right here, and sign up because 1. they have many daily days from awesome shops for children's, women's, & home items (truly unique) & if u sign up through my lick I'll get a credit to my account!!!! Check these clogs out- so tempted to get a pair instead of the Croc softy lined clogs.
- Check out this deal for 50 AA batteries for $14, that seems pretty good.
- Bath & body works online has a sweet deal- spend $30 get 1 free body butter plus free shipping (i think they might even be a coupon code at retailmenot.com to use with this). I haven't taken advantage of this offer because honestly I don't have much Christmas shopping to do and can't justify spending it all on me.
Guess that's all I got today... Gotta get on with my morning and prepare for my afternoon class- last week of lecture....
Monday, November 14, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
On an uplifting note, hence the title of this post, God blessed me again because I got a 79 on my exam, that is a C & only a few points into a passing grade but I accept it cheerfully. And knowing that I exceed that grade on the next exam. I think God has carried me or boosted me when I needed it and now that it seems like I'm in a better place, I can be more devoted to earning that better grade on the next exam.
- Here is an interesting article on the mostly likely times of the year people are sad. Here.
- Now that Halloween is over, time to prepare for Black Friday (Thanksgiving too hehe). My fav 2 sites: tried & true black friday info site I used last year and deal news which posts the best deals online each day plus BF info.
So that's all I got today... I have to do a case study for clinical, tidy the house for the inspection tomorrow, and make a batch of cookies for my clinical comrades.... Let tomorrow be a blessed day!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Lord be with me everyday but especially on monday/tuesday when I "may" need your presence a little more so than just an average day at home. Keep in check, my mouth shunt unless saying appriopate theraputic communication, allow my to handle whatever the situation, not be embaressed (especially to the point where my face turns cherry red and I get nervousy like sweating and hot).
On a less than funny/cheerful note- my aunt Jan (diagnosised with Cancer couple months ago) is fighting for her life in a columbus ICU. She's been there over a week, she has 2 kids in college that still need her guidance in life. I think nursing has given me a strength to be very work like in these situations. It seems like this season is always not the greatest on my family....
So I'm going to get to work now.... finially writing my little paper that i must turn in tomorrow (yeah yeah I had a bad procrastinating weekend- call it stress).
God bless all my loved ones and have a great week!
Monday, September 19, 2011
On a less than chipper note- today marks the 5 year anniversary since my beloved Dorothy died. I'll never forget the last month of her life, the last time I saw her, or heard her speak, or walking into that funeral home with my dad on one side and my mom on the other as I broke down crying just barely in sight of her in the coffin (yards away). I dream of you often grammy and miss you so much. There will always be a hole in my heart with the aching of missing you and loving you.
Was it a coincidence that Hereafter was the movie to premiere on HBO Saturday....
Monday, September 5, 2011
So I'll spend the first 2 weeks a nursing home- mainly doing head to toes and dealing with the "final" phase of life... not exactly my highlight and may pose some personal challenages for me but hopefully I'll be the bestest nurse I can be (including control of my reactions & emotions).
Then the until Turkey day it's an oncology unit with some mental health throw in. Cancer- I should be good at that, huh? I've had lots of exposure and actually seen an oncologist but will this dig up fears and sadness? I think I'll be ok, I should fine tune my communication skills, wonder if I can discuss my experiences... hmm... only if it comes up like "I can relate... my blank had blank cancer too"... ?
LOL so what is my strategy for dealing with stress (other than doing all i can to prepare) sew!
I bought 2 yards and cut them into 3 1/2 inch squares. I just sew a few together at a time. Don't know what it will end up, just making square blocks for now.... So wish me some luck or send me some prayers or kind words! Nursing school is not for the weak & I know God choose this for me.
Goodnight & God Bless
Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day...
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Article of the day: 10 states where no one wants to buy a new home ... (scroll down to the "Gallery" to see this list & skip the article) Sadly my home state Ohio is one the list (& much of the northeast/midwest). Guess selling anything (cough cough my dad's inherited over 100 acre farm) would not be smart at this time.... At least I basically have a house there...
Have you heard of Zulily.com? It offers sales for cool shops for moms and kids and all the in between. They have some cute baby clothes that would maybe cost more than I'd want to spend but I'm sure whenever a kid comes into my life I'll use this site a few times...
As usual my intention of flooding you with links fails! I guess there ain't much going on in the world. Congrats to my niece Holly & Mo-West for beating Greenville! Go Trojans! Now into.. some chapter reading for school.... Monday is fast approaching (hopefully so will May when I get pinned - prayers)....
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
First I just want to say I was blessed yesterday with a monday paper & another Sunday paper (FYI: I only subscribe to double papers wed-Sun)... No clue what was going on but thanked the Lord for added coupons anyways...
I also ordered the Smart Money magazine from Amazon, they had a sale for $5 so I thought why not, I'm trying to get my finances in tip top shape & hopefully in less than a year I'll have my first Nursing job and making more money than I ever have.
Taco Bell has there nacho surpreme for 99 cents- awesome. It's normally like $2.?? i think. Just for a couple weeks though....
Also my 2nd cousin Addie Dixon won the 2011 Champaign County Fair Queen! Yay!
I guess that's it for now... Next week I'm heading north to TN (big surprise huh?) I'll be there 4 whole days. My dad may be coming for a day and my brother's in-laws maybe coming too, and my oldest niece Heidi! Going to watch a high school football game (my niece is in the color guard). Should be so much fun that if flies by so fast that I'll be wishing I had more time but gotta get back to FL because it then be less than 1 week until school starts. Although I wish my break was longer than 3 weeks, I know I can do this- with lots of hard work I can do this! (& God too)
Sunday, August 7, 2011
So far I've done quite a bit: lots of laundry, cleaned up the bedroom, office, bathroom, & other room, washed the futon cover, started pulling clothes to pack, put up my N3 stuff, some other small things....
I still need to: schedule my shot, dye my hair, complete packing, clean up the living room (optional), print N4 stuff, buy my books, finishing burning/cleaning out my laptop, unload & charge my camera, prepare a package for mailing, some other things I'm forgetting, & probably study or do something for N4. I normally can't wait to get on the ball but after having only 1 week (really 1.5 wks) between the last 2 semesters I've just been not in the school mood. So I don't know what is better: A. take a complete break to recharge and get all my "other" things out of my system OR B. maintain a certain amount to studying/school so I don't get too relaxed and have a more difficult time getting back into the swing of things....
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
On a shopping note: I spent under $20 on Kohls.com- got a couple xmas gifts for some kids (clearance sales) & a couple things I didn't really need but Im compelled! LOL
Last minute note: Watching Hoda & Kathy at the moment and they just read some study or poll that married couples (non-newly-weds) kiss once a week, Dude? WTF I kiss my husband a minimum of twice a day (i always kiss him goodnight unless he is working and we usually kiss before one of leaves, like this morning he kissed me goodbye even though I was 80% asleep & didn't open my eyes). Just thought that was kind of weird- kissing 1 time a week but hey I'm not a judger!
Thanks for the support & prayers- now lots to do with 13 days until TN vaca! Wonder if I should start packing/planning my outfits..?... Yes I'm a pinch crazy- I like to call it Spicy.
Big date & shopping tomorrow!!!!!
Monday, August 1, 2011
I'm not going to say how many points I need to pass this class because I don't want to just skim by, I don't want to aim for 1 more point higher than I need. I want to exceed and do so well that I a smile so big it hurts on Wednesday, when I find out my grade. Nursing 3 is easy some say... it's not easy just some of the content is a little familar (especially if you have kids) or some of the content is personally interesting. I hope the Lord will shine through me tomorrow and bless me as he has in the past. I know that whatever happens in life is his Will (with or without understanding). So as I round down my night with a little God time, I'm going to put it in his hands, give him my fears and the power over my life. Of course I'm going to wake up a little early and study more, just review some points. Always aiming for my best. & hopefully that equals success! Send some prayers for me if you like, I'd gladly do the same for anyone. I'd love to say on Wednesday I have 8-9 months left of school....
Saturday, July 23, 2011
- Saw this article on top hospitals- Cleveland Clinic number 4- yay! My uncle had spent some time there during his cancer battle, unfortunantly he passed in 2007.
- I got an email from Snapfish.com about 2 deals- 50% off & 200 prints for $2 or 100 prints for $1. Awesomeness! May need a code but not sure.
- Watching True Blood season 4? I am of course (fav show) check out this preview- looks like things get pretty wild & is sookie facing another near death experience? I suppose it would be TB without one close call each season lol!
- I stumbled onto this new online shop- Farm Girl (or Boy) clothing & merch. Ok so yeah for several years I did have pink hair (miss you pinkness) but I'm a little bit country too, afterall my dad is a livestock dealing or for short story- a farmer, My RIP GMA's house does have a property name as something gardens, & there is a small 100 acre farm that my dad owns (& rents & shares profits with) in the dear sweet green farm land of OHIO!
- I'm a sucker for Old Navy & Fall, and since ON has started releasing some fall clothing i'm super stoked. I just need a climate that actually has "Fall" weather lol...
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Monday: 12 hr lab day
Thurs: 1 of 2 Finals
Of course any test stirs up the jitters within but the 12 hour (so so long day) lab event, which seems to be a big mystery of what is occurring but you know it's a lot of Sims activity (simulation with group). Of course I'd rather take a written test or do a little one on one activity. People make me nervous, being put on spot makes me nervous, end of semester & in need of certain amount of points to pass - makes me nervous, the freaking final 2 days later that I've barely studied for- makes me nervous! Unfortunately I've had this terrible thing where I don't like to raise my hand or be put on spot for fear of being wrong (ie- failure). I can accept myself but I have a hard time with other people- the judgement thing i guess. Which i suppose stems from some unfortunate childhood experiences with kids being cruel. I know we aren't kids but we live in a nation of opinions- that most people have an opinion on everything. It's a get-through-it day for me (& I'm sure many other students too). So tomorrow I'm stepping away from test content & checking up on the areas they told us to look over (but still no precise directions of the day). Yes- many times I am my own worst enemy. And I'd easily not give a hoot about what they think but.... i am stuck there for 12 hours & more importantly will be spending at least 8 more months with these people. It's times like this I just need some magic pill to take away the excess unnecessary stress I cause myself, know what I mean?
So saying my prayers for school & my Daddy (& everything else- max). On August 2nd (final-final) I'm going to come home take a bubble bath & maybe read my Stackhouse book & just take a huge sigh of relief & most importantly thank the Lord , my Lord for giving me that day and allowing me to be right "here" (or there whatever).
Saturday, July 9, 2011
3 regular weeks left but they highly irregular... next week double clinical & test 2. Week after: 12 hr lab & (1st) final. Last week of month: last clinical so i have to have a peer review article to mention! (or fail course)....then the 2nd final.....
So yesterday was our children's cancer lecture & our teacher showed us a youtube video & that we might need some tissues... i didn't. But later on she told us the story of a 10 year old boy who had terminal cancer and how he wanted his dog in the hospital (she allowed it) and she said it was one of the 2 funerals she ever went to (patient funerals) and they had a little dog bed thing beside the casket & the dog laid there the whole time. I seriously just about lost it. Children dying is sad but that poor dog really made that boy's life better in the end & now he's heartbroken (the dog). Maybe it's just cause i have dogs and no kids but the pet aspect really gets to me. Pets do love back!
So send some prayers if you like, I'm sure gonna need all of God's glorious help! So close to completing another semester successfully!
Monday, June 27, 2011
1. My impending test Thursday
2. My dad's Dr. app. Friday
3. My Aunt Jan has cancer (not just cancer but multi cancers)
so... I'm kind of stressed but i know a little bit more room for a little more stress (just enough so that every 6 hours or so it goes up- as the test time approaches)
So Friday I'll celebrate only 4 weeks of class (not counting final week) with a date night with my husband- Transforms plus awesome Red Lobster deal (& a trip to petsmart for my babies needs hehe). Hopefully my dad will call me with good news to end the day/week. I may not have brand new cars or a house of my own but I am blessed. I know life has challenges but I also know that God only was success for me, my family- to prosper, to help others, & all the good stuff!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
- So on the plus side I come home to 3 packages: my Hip2Tour shirt *w/coupons, my bath/body purchase, & a library book (Betty Crocker's the big book of cupcakes - i think I gotta add this to my wish list!)
- Waiting on: FX shirt (exchange), Victoria's Secret, & my 2nd newspaper to start coming -?-
I guess that's about it- My cucumbers are coming along and I'm basically trying to get my booty in gear in terms of school. Clinical is good & I truly believe or hope that a regular exam will go better than strictly Pharm! But as with all endeavors in live- I can only do and go as far as God's wills is for me to go & do. In my heart I feel this is his calling for me so I'm hopeful that I'll be successful & graduate on time next spring & can truly turn the page onto helping others.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
So I finally checked my pharm grade- 68. Around the same as Pharm before. I think I got a few things reversed which messed me up but I was kind of expecting this to be my low test. It is pretty hard. Even though i "felt" better, guess I still had some struggles. The next test is 1 week from tomorrow so gonna pray and study my but off! Only 4 test remaining and I need to pass this class to move on... Dear God - let all be uphill from here!
Saturday, June 18, 2011
A couple weeks ago Rob and I went to McD's after my clinical for a quick hot meal. I ordered something I usually don't get because I was in a splurge kind of mood and was very dissatisfied so I emailed the company to express my feelings.... long story short.... a couple days ago We got a letter and 2 cards for a free value meal. (we used them on wed.). It pays to be vocal! Next email I'm going to tell them how wonderful there peach pies are and I wish they would keep them year round!
5- Full size lotions
2- Full size body washes
4- small candles
1- travel size lotion
1-5 ct small bottles of hand sanitizer
All items were on sale/clearance & I used a code (THANKS20) for 20% off
Spent: $33.59 (that includes shipping/tax)
Victoria's Secret (semi-annual sale)
1- bra (sale)
used 20% off 1 item
Spent: $34.?? (includes tax & $6.99 for shipping)
used $10/$20 purchase
Plus my Hip2Tour tee (charity for Tornado ravaged south)
And trying to order my lexmark ink cartridges....
(I have to admit buying myself a top at Kohl's was not my goal but due to being pressed for time I wasn't able to search for good Christmas gifts. I was hoping to find some clearance/sale items or small useful items that I could get for gifts or just things we could use, maybe next time)
Friday, June 17, 2011
Awesome shopping deals online that I'm hoping to take advantage of a few: Victorias Secret is having there Semi-Annual sale! Love the quality of there bras and my fav is on sale for around $30 (vs over $40) plus they have a 20% offf a single item that works on the sale items. Lexmark online is having 10% off & free shipping, I have there printer so I could save a few dollars with this deal vs walmart (plus after i buy 5 inks I get 1 free!). Bath & Body Works is also doing the Semi-Annual thing- found a few lotions I'd like and candles but more importantly christmas ideas (plus i think there is a code for like some percent off- check retailmenot.com). Then my fav couponing blog (Hip2Save) has her hip to tour shirt available (for her donation tour to the tornado stricken areas & its for charity!). Then the Orlando Sentinel has a deal- 2 of there subsription options offering a $10 Publix giftcard (+ would double my coupons I get... hm...).
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
I wish I had more time, that is my only complaint with nursing school I wish my brain had more time to "thoroughly" absorb the accurate info. God is with me always and that will definitely be a comfort tomorrow (any day really). This class, this semester, this week- I can not put into words quickly enough to relay my feelings... night night all- Tomorrow my goal is to do my super best & be happy no matter what!
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
Velour Pants (navy)
$7.99 --- Orig:$30
V-neck Sweater (green) been eyeing this since winter
$10.80 --- Orig:$36
Bath Towel (needed a few more $ to use my coupon)
$4.19 --- Orig:14
Used a $10 off $25 purchase or more (code:GO2SHOP)
Total including tax/shipping: $26.16
Saved about: $77
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
And here is a link to their blog with FREE recipes!
Saturday, May 21, 2011
- I saw on the news that Tylenol or children's drugs (infants) are changing there OTC dosing. It will no longer be age-ranged but weight based. Really? Really? prescription meds have been weight based for kids, why haven't the OTC been that way before now?
- Also on the drug topic, saw a headline saying there has been a new HIV drug (nurses usually gotta stay up on the drugs)
- Saw this interesting article about does your spouse have ADHD.... I have often said "I think Rob has ADD or ADHD" but I sort of hope he doesn't because I also so on TV about Adderall and how students are taking it to get good grades but it's highly addictive... which will probably mean life-long use. Read article here.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
-I went to kohl's & used my $10/20 purchase. I got a pair of capris & a tank top for OOP $13.82 (saved $35.02- they had some good sales)
-Went to the party store to pick up some odds and ends for my packages to send out :)
-Went to publix to use my $5/30 coupon- stocked up on soda, got some air freshener stuff, some corn (4/$1), & disposable razors ($5.49 BOGO - $2Q - $3Q=.49/2 Go Me)
-Ordered somemore plastic drawers from walmart.com & spotted a deal, at least I think so.... 8- 18 gal totes for $43.76 I figure I can replace some of my boxes with plastic totes. And Rob can use the drawers plus when we move we probably are not taking our bedroom set, since it was a hand me down- it will lighten the load.
Some other tidbits.....
-I stumbled upon this cool site that sells gentle used kids clothes (mainly baby/toddler stuff but anything really) This is how it works.... the seller gets a prepaid box to fill with as many items as they want (they make a list for the website), each box is $5 (plus the buyer pays shipping $10?) but you could 10 thing or 20 things or 2 things, depends on what you pick out. And I think if you sell high demand sizes then you may be able to get credit towards buying?) Check it out....
-CMT awards were just annouced, yeah I know I must be sick but I voted. What can I say TN is country and I miss TN.... I still love my hard rock!
-This Sunday paper is loaded with coupons, Pepsi coupons? Check here... if this is true I'm gonna have to get extras!
Well that's all for now folks!
Tomorrow I'm going to get my books for school, yay!
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
I fell so stressed, trying to study/review- can't fully focus. Trying to give my brain breaks so I get up and walk around the house and go to the kitchen & consider eating but I'm not hungry.
A part of me wants a week more of studying, another part wants to take it now because what more will i know in 20 hours. My plan is to "try" to soak up something between now & 8 (6 hours) then it's relax time (maybea hot shower, maybe 1 hr of TV). Then bed by 9, wake up about 6:30- make good breakfast (eggs & toast?), then get ready, then review last minute tidbits for an hour, then drive to school and take a moment to myself in the car. Then Test time......
(10 don't count)
So please say a prayer for me, I've prayed already and will probably at least 4 more times before the test. Trying for an A but need to pass. I'm in God's hands....
Sunday, April 24, 2011
I will sadly not be celebrating. I don't have kids so it makes a little easier to not make a fuss. But I must focus on my final. I will ignore the day but will not make a feast or attend any celebrations. I'm watching Mr Joel Osteen preach right now, then I'll get myself ready for the day and study. Hopefully God will extend holy week for me until Tuesday afternoon or at least continue to Bless me like he did the last week. I know just how truly wonderful God is and his will for me is what is to be and that is my future. I find peace in that. So...