Friday, November 25, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
- Make pumpkin pie & deviled eggs
- Prep turkey in roasting pan & veggies
- Put away clothes (didn't do yesterday)
- Vaccum (didn't do yesterday)
- Do errands with hubster (didn't do yesterday)
- Do CVS shopping at midnight
- Monitor Amazon
I think that's it, of course my silent intention is to have the bulk of it done (stuff I can do at home) by noon so I can then plan my CVS trip & continue with my note card making, because for some reason I didn't complete them yet..... All I know for sure is that I will not be getting 8 hours of sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be cooking, watching the parade, & visiting as many deals online as possible- maybe I should take the laptop to the kitchen? I'm sure I'll pass out in the afternoon, I probably should plan a nap because tomorrow night we have an evening run to Walmart, & I've been tempted to stop at kohls but probably won't. I'm really an online shopper, hate having to work to find items I want in store, if you know what I mean. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
- Make as many note cards as I can (prep for test next week)
- Put away my clothes
- Make dinner (pork chops, broccoli, & rolls i think)
- Do something else productive (ex: make cookies to satisfy my baking urge- rob can take to work tomorrow, work on my xmas shopping list - what i have, what i need, decorate the tree I put several days ago?)
- Run my errands (husband & mood willing)
- Continue to monitor Amazon for deals
The likeliness of me completing this list is probably 75% chance lol! Kind of feel like a slow start, considering I think I have maybe an hour until I start my workout. But I suppose at the end of day, regardless of what I accomplish, I'm grateful I have today. Did I fail to mention I have some sinus infection or something going on the past 3 or 4 days.... ugh
Need a last minute recipe for T-day? Check out Kraft!
Monday, November 21, 2011
- Amazon deals
- Forever 21 pre-black friday sale (starting at $2.99)
- Old Navy 35% off with code MERRY
- Aeropastle 50% off & free ship with $75 purchase
- Torrid BOGO 50%
Enjoy the shopping...
Sunday, November 20, 2011
- Dollar General: got the awesome deal om Libby's canned veggies (sale 40 cents/can) used my $1/4 coupon so I ended up with 16 cans = $2.40
- Next I went to pet smart where my husband saw puppies- OMG if I said yes we'd have a new family member but then again... we'd possible have a kid by now. I asked Rob baby or puppy? he said puppy lol! I truly can't blame him, after all at some point in my life my dogs were not my pets anymore, if you know what I mean. Doubt many will understand by Max is my baby, and sadly one day I'll have to say goodbye- can you imagine that feeling? Anyways I got a couple gifts for my doggies, spent $21
- Then went to target- forgot to use my gift card like a dummy ($5 rob got from work) but ended up getting the last of my personal holiday cards & a birthday card, some charlie brown Christmas glasses set, spent way too much...
- Then Old Navy: 75% of sweaters. Deal & sweaters- sold! Got 1 (many had rifled through) a $50 sweater for under $15. Yes I'm addicted to Old Navy & sweaters. Yes I live in FL where it's still in the 80's most days- I have issues, who doesn't !?!
Lessons I learned - Sundays suck for dealing with crowds, should have stopped to eat before we got to the shopping center (like McD's or taco bell- cheapo!), & I might actually be better at shopping online because i can look and think much longer than in store. Also it kind of leaves a bitter taste in your mouth when you spend nearly $20 for 2 adults to see a movie.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
- This one is for my oldest best friend, 2012 baby trends, read it here...
- Are you doing in-store Black Friday shopping, Deal news has a list of freebies (in store only) check it out here. At the moment I'm only going to Wal-mart, could stop my Kohls only because it's like 5 minutes away but truth me told unless i know for sure what I want, pushing through crowds suck so I'll miss my fav Old Navy deals but hey that's why Cyber monday is for! (or cyber Thanksgiving week? since Amazon is starts deals monday- time to stock the bank account hehehe) did I mention I hit up the drug stores too?
- Wanna win $15,000? Enter this giveaway daily til the end of the year...
Just a few links to start the day...
Friday, November 18, 2011
- Ready for some parades & holiday family TV time? Go here for the TV guide calendar. Looks like you have a choice of 2 parades (Macy's on NBC & The Thanksgiving Parade on CBS both start at 9am). Then later that evening get the family together to watch a new Ice Age Mammoth Christmas, followed by a brand new Charlie Brown (Happiness is a warm blanket) on Fox!
- Have you bought your meal fixings for T-day? I just did yesterday. Of course my feast won't be huge, as it will just be 3 people but we'll be having Turkey, sister schubert's yeast rolls, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes & gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, scalloped corn (aka corn puddin), apple & pumpkin pies, & of course our "relish" tray to snack on all morning (carrots, celery, dip, cheese, crackers). I'll miss my sweet potato casserole, GB casserole, & noodles but maybe next year when I'll have more family and friends I can go all out. (yes, I am not making homemade rolls don't judge me!)
- Word is Amazon will begin black Friday on Monday- check out the countdown....
Well that's all for preview at the moment. I just got 3 magazines & a library book in the mail so I'm off to browse them & get some productive things on their way.... Happy Turkey shopping!
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- Normally I wouldn't post a "negative" article but this truly offended me. I don't really want to discuss it but it involves a children's store and inappropriate merchandise. I truly believe that this really should involve a minimum amount of common sense to determine it isn't a good/smart idea.... Check it out here if you want....
- Get a free thanksgiving card at Tiny Prints here, use code FREETHX11. I ordered for a few weeks ago for my dad, I customized with a message inside and a photo printed on the inside of the card as well, I paid 44 cents but only because I'm having them mail it to my dad VS send it to me for me to mail.
- If you haven't signed up with Zulily yet, click my link right here, and sign up because 1. they have many daily days from awesome shops for children's, women's, & home items (truly unique) & if u sign up through my lick I'll get a credit to my account!!!! Check these clogs out- so tempted to get a pair instead of the Croc softy lined clogs.
- Check out this deal for 50 AA batteries for $14, that seems pretty good.
- Bath & body works online has a sweet deal- spend $30 get 1 free body butter plus free shipping (i think they might even be a coupon code at retailmenot.com to use with this). I haven't taken advantage of this offer because honestly I don't have much Christmas shopping to do and can't justify spending it all on me.
Guess that's all I got today... Gotta get on with my morning and prepare for my afternoon class- last week of lecture....
Monday, November 14, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
On an uplifting note, hence the title of this post, God blessed me again because I got a 79 on my exam, that is a C & only a few points into a passing grade but I accept it cheerfully. And knowing that I exceed that grade on the next exam. I think God has carried me or boosted me when I needed it and now that it seems like I'm in a better place, I can be more devoted to earning that better grade on the next exam.
- Here is an interesting article on the mostly likely times of the year people are sad. Here.
- Now that Halloween is over, time to prepare for Black Friday (Thanksgiving too hehe). My fav 2 sites: tried & true black friday info site I used last year and deal news which posts the best deals online each day plus BF info.
So that's all I got today... I have to do a case study for clinical, tidy the house for the inspection tomorrow, and make a batch of cookies for my clinical comrades.... Let tomorrow be a blessed day!