Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Peanut Butter blossoms
I meant to post these before the holiday but I could get the pictures uploaded for some reason.... So it's time to clean up and get ready for the new year and refocus back onto the Nursing! The road ahead has lots of challenges for me but with God I believe I can succeed!
I just wanted to say that it took me hundreds of miles at the age of 26 to realize what it most important to me. That a place or object can not guarantee happiness but surrounding yourself with those who mean the most can, in any situation....
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
- Defrosting dinner
- Softening Butter
- Started to clean bathroom
- Disinfected light switches & door knobs
- 30 min on exercise bike
- Finish cleaning bathroom
- Give pets baths
- Make cookies
- Wash blankets
- Chill w/ Hubster
Of course there are some other things should do but I don't want to overwelhm myself with a big list... BTW I've only gotten 2 Christmas cards this year, so far..... But i know I've sent at least 15 or so myself..... Questions: Do you send Christmas cards? If yes, is it just to a select few close people? Everyone you know? Family only?
Friday, December 17, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
Let's just say that my Holiday season will be filled with books of all kinds (text books and some for fun!)...Better get studying for my test on Monday...
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
So it's december - YAY- only 2 tests left for nursing 1, no more lectures, no more labs! I got my nieces gifts and am awaiting for a few other items to arrive.... time to start wrapping because in 2 weeks I'll probably be approaching the TN/GA border right now...... So here are a few goodies I've put together for this beautiful slightly chilly Dec. 1st (and snowy in Ohio & TN-jealous)!
- Check out Sunday's coupons here (last time I checked they did not have all the inserts up yet but they should within a day or 2) and don't forget to print your new coupons today, it's the 1st of the month!
Guess that's all I got for now... time to do some tidying up!
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Walmart Midnight BF run
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- Ready for Black Friday? Here is my favorite sneak peak site...
- For the drinkers out there, I got an email about a rebate for booze... yeah i know... so maybe you can save a little a by a few bottles but drink it slowly & responsibly!
- If you haven't gone to Vista Prints yet, they have added a few extra freebies, like note pad! I want it but after placed a couple orders- i'm debating over the shipping..hm... check'em out!
- Head over to money saving mom for info on how to get a free Slurpee at 7-11 on Black Friday (there is one just down the street so... i might get it)
- Just so you couponers know there WILL BE coupons in this Sunday's paper (usually holiday weekends don't but PG insert will be this weekend) Preview here
So an update on my holiday shopping...
Just need to finalize my brother's family, maybe get my mom something for the stocking, take & print nice picture for my daddy, and.... the hubster!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Nursing 2 will be full of challenages like patients that are dying or cancer patients who are post-op, plus a stint in the mental ward! I could start hyperventilating now but my coping skills are to not think... just take it one day at a time. At least when it comes to school..... Gonna take care of my duties tonight and take a long relaxing bath.... Tomorrow I get my first hospital badge...
Saturday, November 20, 2010
- Talk it out
- Take up a hobby (knitting is peaceful & can be done anywhere, even while watching tv)
- Yoga (or anything that gets your body moving)
- Breathe- deep breaths
- Say no
- Turn off the cellphone
- Eat right
- Relax neck/shoulders (get in the hot tub or ask spouse for a little massage or just loosen up with some stretches)
- Visualize peace (this is like a nursing intervention, take a 5 minute vacation by looking at a picture of the beach or something, you tube as some ideas)
- Walk (try it alone or maybe with others or just turn up the MP3 player & enjoy a little audio therapy!)
My 11th personal suggestion... Look outside yourself. No matter your situation it could be worse- you are still alive so be thankful. Remember and give thanks to whomever (I prefer God or just thanking my husband for some little thing he did). It's too easy to project your mad mood or whatever onto others when they (the others) really had nothing to do to deserve it (they didn't cause your mood so you shouldn't "blame" them). So, maybe if you are having a bad day, step outside yourself- make a cup of hot chocolate (for yourself? then make another and give it to whomever is there -mom/dad, brother/sister, child/spouse) and don't forget to say "i love you". It seems like the holidays = busy-time so take a moment to appreciate and give love back.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
- Go here for the latest leaked Black Friday sale ads! I'm addicted to this site, although I usually just stay home and shop online, who knows- the hubs and I may attempt a BF outing this year......
- I made a trek to Publix today (no pictures) and got some sweet goodies like BOGO Nestle chocolate chips - thinking of trying a white chocolate vanilla version of the "Chocolate Lovers cake" I made for my b-day. There is no recipe for it but i think I can make the needed substitutions.... too bad I forgot the sour cream- maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow hm..
- Did you get your Turkey yet? Go here for some Butterball coupons (plus a male in rebate if you buy there turkey & Disney's christmas carol!) I did a few days ago, went on a trip to albertsons (since it's far away now) to get the Buy 1 Get 2 Free meats, had turkey's on sale 69 cents a pound and since I haven't seen any better deals I grabbed one. Me and the hubs spent about $72 on meat (3 pork loins, 3 full racks of ribs, 14 chicken drumsticks, 18 boneless pork chops, & one 15# turkey) Now we just need some steaks and/or beef roasts and we'll be set for months! And yes we love pork!
- Christmas Carol coupon here for Bluray combo pack ($10 off)
- For some odd reason a memory of an old movie popped into my head last night, forgot the name but eventually (through a little online research) recalled the name- Margie (1946). Sadly though it's not very easy to find.....
Well my study break is long over now... gotta get back at it!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Not sure how and don't know any other details but feeling pretty good... now as long as i pass my demo tomorrow, then my demo sunday, then my demo tuesday and my clinical wed....take a deep breath and start a new round of stuff....
About a month of hard work left, then buckle down for FINAL
Friday, October 22, 2010
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
8- Yakisoba (sale 60 cents ea)
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
BTW I got 19 items
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
please leave a comment!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
And i'm gonna eat it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream- yummy! Hopefully...
Friday, August 13, 2010
Used $10 off $50 purchase
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
- Do you take vitamins? Nature Made brand? Well if so, or maybe u should switch... b/c they have an awesome rewards program... I just signed up and entered the codes off of 2 bottles I've had a month or so. They yielded me 130 points; once I reach 500 points I get a $5 off coupon- how awesome!!! Check it out here...
- I love my "on demand" tv! I have exercise tv on demand and am going to try there 30 day- 10 lb regime... check out the website- i think they off free online videos too! Here..
- Do you like Arbor Mist drinks? If so you can score $1/1 coupon if you like them on facebook, just print afterwards! (you print 2, maybe pass along the other to a friend)...
That's it for now but might have something new to post about tomorrow! BTW a new season of the Duggars has already started- tues at 9 on TLC- watch it!