Wednesday, December 30, 2009
When I look back on the year....I remember a few things that I enjoyed...I got accepted to a real college nursing program, I got to see 2 of 3 nieces (& bro, SIL, Uber), Rob got jobs.....When I look toward 2010 I see- stress, a clock ticking down until august, fear of the unknown, I see the usual couple dr & vet visits, maybe we'll actually go to one of the parks, if lucky I'll be able to see my out-of-state family......
The older I get the better at keeping my expectations low aka achievable yet still keeping something to reach for. On a whim I've played the lotto....surely to win nothing but it's up to God, I just bought it to open the possibility lol. And when I thought to myself this morning, "what would you do if u won the lotto?" It wasn't something extreme or luxurious but simply move to a place that doesn't have noisy neighbors and get rob started on his college education. Those are 2 things that I feel pretty good about that even if I don't win the lotto we'll be doing them, just not in 2010....
So I hope everyone has a safe New Years Eve with loved ones and that the New Year brings good health, happiness, and opportunities to us all...
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
So here are a few of my thoughts and whatnot, take it or leave it...
- Christmas- was pretty good, like usual! Mainly got DVD's (20 in total) but am returning one due to the fact that I always bought my husband the same DVD and since i ordred his online, we'll be taking back mine (along with some boots-non-gift). That will be monday when I think it could be "save" to leave the house....lol
- Have you tried any of the after holiday sales? I have a little money from my dad so I may look at Victoria Secret's and of course I'll try to get some bows/bags/wrapping paper to stow away for next year or other occasions. Maybe we'll even find a nice string of greatly reduced LED lights....doubtful...but maybe there be something left to pick through on monday!
- Since the holiday is over, it pretty feels like the year is over but there are still a few days or a week or something like that left. Time to start turning over that new leaf! I haven't made a list of goals but my main goal or focus is to prepare myself for school and just study & pray my way through it...I've heard lots of people say it's difficult so I'll need all the prays I can get....
- Also, just a heads up- First Sunday of Jan there might be 5 coupon inserts! Better grab yourself a paper....
- I'll definately be looking forward to getting my new magazine subscriptions- Southern Living & Cooking Light....and if ya know me, ya know I love to cook! Got a new pastry bag so I can pipe out all kinds of goodies...(was unable to do this for the past few years due to the cats having peed on a bag that had my pastry bags from school in them-ruined!) Can anyone say Eclairs? lol
- Another thing, not so much looking forward to, is I have a big'ole cavity that needs filled before I begin school. I finally conceeded to the fact that it will only get worse and it's better to fix the hole...rather than have to cap it or something more expensive....I love you God but I was not blessed with good teeth....
But at the end of day I know that the most important thing to be is my family and that they are all healthy and taken care of... (by family that includes my "kids" aka Max, Zoey, Ricky, & James)
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I hope for the Merriest of Christmas' to everyone and a Safe and Happy New Year!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
- Booksfree.com -Similar to NetFlix or BlockBuster's mail rental service, you pay a monthly fee and get to borrow a few books, free shipping.
- Americasbookshelf.com - Has a monthly fee and works on a system where you purchases credits (1 credit-1 book), and you list your books that you will "lend" to others....they mail you the envelope when your book is picked, you just stick it in the mail (more you share the more you can get).
- Bookmooch.com - You mail out books to others (u pay shipping), this earns you points to use towards getting books.
- Betterworldbooks.com - You buy used books and sell your own; plus proceeds will help aid global literacy. Also free shipping in US (reasonable fee for outside); example: Betty Crocker Cookbook New Edition Fair condition $13.73.
Of course there is always the good old fashioned Library, but i know that some people aren't as blessed as i am currently to have a great county library system and one day I may find myself in those less fortunate shoes again...so maybe these options will help enlighten you to a cheaper way to buy or borrow those books rather than buying at full cost.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
- I've got beef stew cooking in the slow cooker (homemade-new recipe)
- Mailed out the last of my packages/cards at post office- went surprisingly fast but still spent $46.??. That meals the holiday shipping cost me about $60 (4 boxed packages, 1 cushy oversided envelope, several -at least 6- singly mailed books). Sure I could have just sent money/gift cards and saved most of that money but I still think that gifts are slightly more personal, plus some of the items I got really good deals so if I had sent the money I spent instead of the item then some people might not get much money, where they might think the item cost me more than it really did....of course they could think it cost less- like the value of my brother's gift (not including shipping the item to my house) is $40....he might not realize that but trust me it wasn't cheap!
- Gonna watch 18 Kids & Counting tonight at 9 pm and Teen Moom at 10, one of, if not THE favorite night of TV shows. I must confess: I love Maci & Ryan and it isn't looking too good for them but I really wish they could work it out and get married and be that sweet and happy lil family. I think she reminds me a little of my friend Kristina, probably why i like her most.
- The only Christmas-y thing I have left to do is cooking....and i'm still unsure of what that will be but did get a ham today.....no more gifts...even already got Rob's Xmas card.....I really hope he remembers to get me mine.....This year I'm not going to remind him....so I might end up with nothing from my Husband....kind of sad saying it out loud but what will be will be...I'm somewhat excited to see him open a few gifts he isn't expecting (few movies -2 are favs, HT outfit, Starbucks giftcard-personalized with a character of him on it) Since I've got no kids nor will i see any child open a gift my main excitement is watching my husband.
- Probably going to copy a few recipes tonight before i make my library trip this week (gotta return a few things) and gonna start some laundry....maybe make something sweet....
Monday, December 14, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
We got a dollar store pet hat, couldn't resist...even if they only wear it for the photos lol Our lil 20 + pound Ricky
Notice the dog biscuit in his mouth, sometimes he saves them to eat later but carries them around the house so no one else can steal it lol
Sunday, December 6, 2009
So it's not just beer that we love from them but their awesome idea that has contributed to one of the top images of the holidays...the christmas tree! :)
Update: They also gave us the Candy Cane! Maybe that silly war never happened so long ago we'd appreciate those German's more!
I currently own a few of these and have used many recipes. In fact most of the cheesecakes I make come from the listed cookbook. I've made things from potato cheese soup to homemade stuffing with just these books. So if you are looking for a cookbook, check one of these out.
It's finally kinda cold here BTW, so I'm making a loaf of classic white bread (from the 1st cookbook on the list). I've only checked this bookout so I'm testing this first recipe but the book offers great recipes and direction on basics. This would be a great book for someone trying to really start cooking homemade and not from a box. It even includes some trouble shooting and photos.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
- I'm now expecting 9 cookbooks ("in transit") from the library omg
- I just got Eclipse, probably will start on it when the hubster goes to work...
- Today & Yesterday combined I've gotten 4 packages. Need one more to have my brother's stuff ready to go, still waiting on a few more to complete packages that will need to be sent! I normally don't mind sending packages but Lee Vista has the worst, seriously worst post office. Just one clerk/check out area, it's usually lined up with people and hot inside. Would consider an alternative but am afraid of findinf the same situation...I just wish I could figure out when they are off-peak so I can sneak in and mail my stuff... not to mention the next time I go I'm trying something new- Media Mail...fingers crossed!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
This is my current stack of library books (minus the fiction book), trying to hurry along with them because yesterday, as I posted, I added the limit to reserve at my library...so...I checked it this morning and I have 6 cookbooks "in transit" and Eclipse is allegedly here (means it will come probably tomorrow or friday, the rest will take maybe a week)..
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
- I managed a "first" today...I must have hit a cap on how many books I can request from the library at one time b/c after i put in 9 new titles (10 total) the website just wouldn't allow anymore....or maybe it'sa glitch....Speaking of I have a really awesome cookbook on loan from them: Betty Crocker Cookbook New Edition: Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today
- Got HBO? Ready for season 4 Big Love? I am so ready, check it out.. Almost one month away, joy! Rob will be so happy that the wait is almost over!
- My newest addiction? Cafe World on Facebook....my dang brother got me into now I can't stop playing it, well I can't let my kitchen not serve people...lol
- Another personal experience: I've been a Sunday only newspaper subscriber for 1 year now, 2 weeks ago the paper offered me a 1 week free trial of Wed-Sun service...last week I got my notice about the subcription ending unless I continue it- they offer me Wed-Sun for $20.50/26 weeks(6 months). So I go online to see what the just Sunday paper would be for me b/c they didn't offer me that on the notice, it's like $26....no brainer...going with Wed-Sun service! Totally weird and crazy!
- Happy December! It's a new month so that means...new coupons on my bar and on other websites. Print!
- Have you considered Ebay as a holiday gift shopping place? I know some might look their nose down upon such a thing but I'm not too good for something that is gotten second hand (as long as it appears in good condition and shoot something son ebay are brand new!). I've been searching for anything Dora the Explorer (cousins Daughter Kayla loves her and they could really use an extra gift or two) as well as some 2T clothes winter clothes (I scored an old navy fleece pullover for under $4 including shipping).
Monday, November 30, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Photo #1 Grated Zucchini
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- Are you going to shop Black Friday? Here is a pretty cool site that has alot of ads.. I've never really done it but who knows....I prefer Cyber Monday
- I know the usually on holiday weekends there isn't any coupons in the paper but according to PG there will be a PGSaver insert in the sunday paper...
- Been to a RedBox lately? Well here are some freebie codes, some have been out awhile so you may have used those already but check to see....
- I got a little suprise in the mail today...3 coupons for Old Navy...useable in store or online for select dates when you pay with a Visa! Definately will be using at least one of these...
- Wanna will $1000 GC, go here to "scratch & win"....
- I've recently explored Ebay (i used to ebay all the time, at least window shop until something peeked my interest) and found some awesome things I could "gift"... some fleece blankets, lots of children's books for dirt cheap, not to mention some clothing. I imagine this would be useful for Christmas shopping on a budget and I don't know about you'all but I'm not "too good" for good condition used items.... in the past I've gotten new w/o tags VS bras for $5, random clothing items like skirts, jeans, tees, even a new CD for less than $3....
Just in case I don't post it before the holiday....please remember the meaning or symbolism behind it and not just the yummy turkey dinner the most of us are fortunate to enjoy. Give thanks to the lord for the many blessing he has given to us and be thankful towards one another for the love and kindness we receive. Don't take for granted this day or your loved ones, especially if you're lucky enough to share the day with them...and don't forget to eat a bite of pie or turkey for that special loved one watching from heaven (grammy)...
Monday, November 23, 2009
My daytime date was with the hubby. We ate some breakfast at Mcdonalds, followed by killing 30 minutes at Target (could have spent much more), and completed with seeing the movie New Moon. ----Should have "Elispse" from the library later this week or early next. And so far am slightly disappointed w/ Bella's choice.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
I truly love my cousin Trisha so much. She called me tonight and we spent 9 minutes on the phone but it was probably the best 9 minutes of my day!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
4- 8 pk M Dew Game Fuel ($1 ea)
3- Mrs. Smith pies (1.99 ea)
4- cans Green Giant veggies (.50 ea)
4- Martha White muffin mixes (1.00 ea)
2- B.C. potato pouches (.50 ea)
1- Reddi Whip (2.00)
1- Miracle whip (3.00)
1- AP flour (1.49)
2- dial soap (.88 ea)
1- pint whipping cream (1.00)
1- 16 oz sour cream (1.00)
1- 12.?? pound Turkey (7.63)
Total After Sales & Coupons---------------$27.87
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
- Saw this cute video showing ya how to use coupons at the grocery store or in this case the Military Commissary....check it out here.....Megan you may wanna watch it, pretty neat.
- Sonny's has wonderful cornbread, in fact it's really more cakey than bready....trying to find a mock recipe and maybe this is one here...
- Can you believe that in 2 weeks it will be Dec.? Where did the month go? I don't even have all my TG ingredients, let alone christmas shopping started...here is a million dollar question- What do i want for christmas? (that is a material and realistic thing)
Monday- Breakfast Biscuits (didn't get to'em last wk)
Tuesday- Beef Broccoili
Wednesday- Hamburger Helper
Thursday- Smoked Sausage w/ mac'n'cheese
Friday- Steak w/ mashed potatoes & veggie
Saturday- Sausage gravy & biscuits
Starting to think about next week since it's TG, maybe will do broccili cheese soup and teryaki salmon, but not sure yet, just know that I don't want leftovers and Wednesday needs to be lite dinner (if all else fails we can always hit up a sub shop like Subway or FireHouse subs- philly cheese steak sounds good! lol)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I've searched around but have yet to find a "long" skirt recipe like the skirts the duggar's wear. They look so comfy and I remember seeing one in a catalog for teens a few years back but it was like $50.
- My computer dilemma= resolved, after a high price of course but in the end lesson learned
- Still looking for a job, don't get me wrong I'm not pounding the pavement everyday but I really would like to get a call back from someone and at least get a little work
- Rob's job is going well, his first pay check was $6.?? but in less than 2 weeks we shall see # 2 (with some real hours) they don't open until next week and families get a sneak peak free tasting on Saturday - looking forward to some BBQ and going to make brownies for the boss on monday (b-day) love to bake and finally glad Rob likes his co-workers so he'll take in my extras
- I've found myself getting more of those boredom moments so I'm going to thrust my brain into my old Anatomy book in prep for my nursing program (Aug 2010)
- My babies (aka doggies and/or cats) are healthy! YAY!
- My mom's car should be done this week so she can get back to her regular life
- My freezer is full (partly due to a 20 # bird) so this week and next I'm focusing my dinners on eating food from the freezer= less money flying out of my pocket (not that there is much in there lol)
- I signed up for Kmart's reward card today (online, visit kmart.com), I hear Hot Topic has one too.... :)
- A week or so ago i got a great deal at Bath & Body Works-- in the mail I got a coupon for a free signature collection product with any purchase--- I bought$1.25 travel hand sanitizer (warm vanilla) and got a full size bottle of Warm Vanilla lotion FREE (total was about $1.6?)
- Do you often find yourself looking forward to the after holiday clearance deals more than any pre-holiday sale? Me too! I'm already imagining what items I may need to restock (wrapping paper and cards for sure = using p last bit of what i bought when i worked at Walgreens & the cards are what i found at my grammies, waste not want not!)
- I've also been drooling over the sneak peak Black Friday (leaked) ads. I never ever hardly leave the house on black friday but I have to admit I'm slightly tempted and if i had more money say $300 I'd definitely "try" to get that flat screen tv
- Here is a great blog that gives ideas for having Christmas on a Zero Budget!
- Want some easy to make Grand biscuits for your holiday dinner? Here is a stellar $1/1 coupon...
- I heard Kmart has some sort of double coupon deal for the next few weeks but have yet to call my kmart or test it out...learn more here..
- Here is the Sunday insert preview, there's going to be 3 inserts.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Since I'm having a non-splurge holiday shopping this year, really who can afford it? The deals the peak my eye are on:
jackets for the family
700 thread count sheets (what does 700 feel like?)
a few DVDs
I wish I had the patience and money for the 32 in. flat screen. I feel almost like we are the only people left without a flat screen TV. Between my husband and I we have 3 TVs (used to have 4)...Rob's big tv he had before me and it's possessed (likes to turn itself on), my big one I got on a holiday when i was 19, then the wee lil one, my first tv, had it umm at least since i was 12. If i could I'd replace the lil one because it's tiny and Rob's (which i happen to be stuck with, why?) b/c i think it's on it's last year(s). Truth be told, if the next tv we buy is just one flat screen then we'll probably fight over it.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- Did you know the Cracker Barrel has a rewards program? I had no clue and I love their food, there is one just down the street. Check out the program here...
- You know the Glade company? All those yummy smelling candles, my fave are the scented oil candles. Tons of coupons for Glade products, and I just noticed at my walmart they finally have the holiday scents out, I bought 6 so far, hoping to get more though lol..
- Itching for sneek peak Black Friday deals? Check out this site...
Monday, November 9, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
- Just got back from TN a week from yesterday
- last Wednesday spent just over $200 on the Honda (reg maintenance & new battery etc.)
- Yesterday took my baby Max (my little old man doggie) to vet
- Husband officially start his new job (a wopping whole hour of work!)
- Last night found out my mom's car has a cracked radiator (ie undriveable!)
In the next few days hopefully my mom's car will be fixed so that I can have my car back, next monday Zoey gets his turn at the vet, and hopefully on or by Thursday I'll know wheather or not Max's lump is something to stress over! Praying it is A-ok!
When I get stressed, like kind of this, I just feel like I can't do anything major until the stress is releaved. I guess it's that waiting game type of thing, not that I had major things to do, the top of my list is get a job and re-learn Anatomy! Guess that will have better luck next week. So I am really looking forward to my mini vaca with the Duggars tonight. 2 hours of inspiration starting at 8 pm on TLC!
- I noticed that tomorrow one of my local grocery stores is having a Turkey sale, i think it's about .78/lb (plus I have a $1 off coupon)...I guess it's time to start planning, nearly 3 weeks until the big weekend!
- Also heard a rumor that Old Navy's new sale (starting friday) will be something like 40% off coats....we'll have to see....
Stocked up on some of that stuff (stove top is usually well over a $1 since the walmart brand is usually neat $1) and preparing for holiday feasts! (and of course I used coupons to sweeten the deals!)
- Using the lettuce, tomato, & tortillas for Chicken Tacos (already had in stock chicken, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, & cheese)
- Using 1 can of soup & zucchini to make a recipe from my library book (previous post) "healthy" Turkey Tettrazini (already have in stock chicken(substituting), pasta, spices, parm cheese, onion & garlic, and bread crumbs)
- Other meals of the week: Pancakes w/bacon, Steak w/ veggies & bread, Buffalo chicken salad