Monday, May 31, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
This is the end of "Lost", what a show.... and they all go to heaven together...
I just want to give a lttle opinion of the symbolism of Jack laying down to die and the Dog comes up to lay beside him. Dog, man's best friend never to leave ur side. D-O-G much like G-O-D, who never leaves your side come rain or shine.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
- Get Physical
- Get Varicella Titer (maybe Hep B too)
- Get Varicella vaccine & Hep B too (if beg titers)
- Get tetnus & flu vaccine
- Get TB tested
- Complete Basic Life Support class (w/ CPR cert)
- on Orientation day: get FIT done, uniforms fitting/ordered, formal orientation, sign up for nursing assoc.
- Get Drug Test
- Get my Background check results (already started, just waiting)
I think that is it for school
tomorrow I'll be going to the dentist in the morning (been almost 10 years, sort of nervous, insurance only covering 20% for "emergency" type service). Then at 4 I'll be seeing a house w/ my mom, although I'm not sure how it will go but hoping for the best......So sometime in the next month or so I'll be moving as well...talk about a busy busy summer....Not to mention all those tests/vaccines/uniforms will cost about $900 (not including the cost of new khaki's since i don't own a single pair!) And I still have books to buy (before class but "might" be able to use Fin Aid, not for sure yet)...so yeah alot to do, alot of money....add school drama + momma drama + tn extended stay = lots of work in less than 2 months.... I'm up for it though!
I'm just worried about tomorrow...gulp!
Monday, May 24, 2010
- ATM waiting for the mail to arrive so i should have my nursing packet (or will need to email school -ugh!)
- Going to the dentist wednesday, not looking forward to them looking in my mouth and saying which cavity do u want fixed (b/c i have so many and can't afford them all)
- Going to work on packing b/c i'm moving! Looking forward to not having my rude neighbors but not looking forward to the hell-lacious drive, nor the fact that my mom is being more selfish and less compromising...but hey as long as we make through nursing school and license i'll be free of dependance and better off (moving again)
- Hopefully, pending school information/requirements, I'll be packing up my car and Max to spend some more time in TN (hope the packet comes)
That is mainly what is going on, trying to take it as it comes but truthfully I'm not too happy about the living situation and am just trying to focus and get through it so I came move on with my husband, doggies, & kitties.....And that will probably be TN. The next 2 years will be interesting, as well as the next few after that. Maybe in 5 or 6 years Rob and I will being closing on a house in TN with little Dax and our lovely jobs. It won't be easy but once we're there it will be great!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
So while my husband spends his day at work, i will clean and pack and be productive! Yay!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
- it started off with us going to Rob's Charity event thing for local employees of hospitality businesses. But due to some misunderstand or lack of effort on a manager...it ended with a bit of disappointment, with sweating in the sun for several hours doing nothing until we ditched it!
- After a couple quick, cooling showers all was on the up & up.... but I didn't get my nursing student packet (was told to have it by weeks end, will check monday, then contact them), so that was a bit of a downer as I want to know what is going on so i can Plan...
- Then it was followed by us picking out chinese take out, rob decided we should splurge on over $20 worth of food (3 dishes), but before the food arrived I had a forced conversation with my mom about our future living situation (don't really want to talk about but the jist is I'm pretty unhappy as it will increase my monthly bills dramaticly)...so i filled up my plate with an extra scoop or 2 - the binge
- Later, the food coma came on, added to the sun exhuastion & the emotional diseree...a tiny bit of a nap
- Then I decided i need alitle retail therapy, if u can call it that when i only spent $3.50 on myself (Rob spent $60 and bought a couple things for others, but all was on free visa gift card i got from my bank for my visa points)
- Then the cheesecake, not my own but still tasty and rob got his ice cream!
So...i'm home...my problems aren't vanished and even sleep won't make them disappear because they'll be there when i wake up and probably for the next 2 years, until i graduate (hopefully) & get my license so i can get a really good job! My vacation seems more like a last hurrah before the ship sinks...but i didn't know it was sinking...
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
So I feel drawn to post my ideas and opinions on the matter. Not b/c I'm perfect, or have a perfect marriage or feel as though i'm overly entitled expert with all of nearly 6 years experience. I am who I am, I supposed it took all of my 27 years to mold me into the person I am today, with all those good and bad experiences to have produced the product of ME. I think I'm really one of the lucky ones when it comes to marriage. It's hard to put into words but the way I came to be married is not something I recommend to others. Not to say that my marriage is a failure, not at all, it is great but i feel as though God was more involved. I think he blessed me and my husband and i can't say how or why but it worked or is working til this day. For those of you who read my occasionally drawn out posts that don't know me IRL, I dated my husband all of 4 months before we said "I Do" and no, we didn't grow up knowing each other all of our lives but we are almost married 6 years and i think we've got what it takes to go the distance....that said... here is my thoughts on marriage
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
- E-mealz have u heard of it? Well i saw a post on it from one of my fav bloggers Money Saving Mom. Basicly they plan a weekly menu, including grocery list that fits into a specified budget (something like around $38 for 5 dinners 2-3 people, $75 for 4 people 7 dinners) and u just pay a few bucks a month for the service, they'll even pair it with your favorite store (like walmart or publix) using there sales for the week to help save and may have links to printable coupons to go with the grocery list. Seems pretty nifty! Check it out here...
- Hip 2 Save has a nifty post on cooking tips! Check it out!
Well I don't have much more to comment on b/c this is an unusual week since I've been preparing for our little trip and not doing much shopping. Just about ready though! Praying for good traffic and weather! Oh and Tonight is the 3rd to last episode of Lost! Starting to get nuts thinking how it will all end....
Note: Michelle Duggar was holding Joise, skin to skin, that is a technique used on preemies called Kangaroo care... it's soothing to the baby.