Monday, November 30, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Photo #1 Grated Zucchini
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- Are you going to shop Black Friday? Here is a pretty cool site that has alot of ads.. I've never really done it but who knows....I prefer Cyber Monday
- I know the usually on holiday weekends there isn't any coupons in the paper but according to PG there will be a PGSaver insert in the sunday paper...
- Been to a RedBox lately? Well here are some freebie codes, some have been out awhile so you may have used those already but check to see....
- I got a little suprise in the mail today...3 coupons for Old Navy...useable in store or online for select dates when you pay with a Visa! Definately will be using at least one of these...
- Wanna will $1000 GC, go here to "scratch & win"....
- I've recently explored Ebay (i used to ebay all the time, at least window shop until something peeked my interest) and found some awesome things I could "gift"... some fleece blankets, lots of children's books for dirt cheap, not to mention some clothing. I imagine this would be useful for Christmas shopping on a budget and I don't know about you'all but I'm not "too good" for good condition used items.... in the past I've gotten new w/o tags VS bras for $5, random clothing items like skirts, jeans, tees, even a new CD for less than $3....
Just in case I don't post it before the holiday....please remember the meaning or symbolism behind it and not just the yummy turkey dinner the most of us are fortunate to enjoy. Give thanks to the lord for the many blessing he has given to us and be thankful towards one another for the love and kindness we receive. Don't take for granted this day or your loved ones, especially if you're lucky enough to share the day with them...and don't forget to eat a bite of pie or turkey for that special loved one watching from heaven (grammy)...
Monday, November 23, 2009
My daytime date was with the hubby. We ate some breakfast at Mcdonalds, followed by killing 30 minutes at Target (could have spent much more), and completed with seeing the movie New Moon. ----Should have "Elispse" from the library later this week or early next. And so far am slightly disappointed w/ Bella's choice.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
I truly love my cousin Trisha so much. She called me tonight and we spent 9 minutes on the phone but it was probably the best 9 minutes of my day!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
4- 8 pk M Dew Game Fuel ($1 ea)
3- Mrs. Smith pies (1.99 ea)
4- cans Green Giant veggies (.50 ea)
4- Martha White muffin mixes (1.00 ea)
2- B.C. potato pouches (.50 ea)
1- Reddi Whip (2.00)
1- Miracle whip (3.00)
1- AP flour (1.49)
2- dial soap (.88 ea)
1- pint whipping cream (1.00)
1- 16 oz sour cream (1.00)
1- 12.?? pound Turkey (7.63)
Total After Sales & Coupons---------------$27.87
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
- Saw this cute video showing ya how to use coupons at the grocery store or in this case the Military Commissary....check it out here.....Megan you may wanna watch it, pretty neat.
- Sonny's has wonderful cornbread, in fact it's really more cakey than bready....trying to find a mock recipe and maybe this is one here...
- Can you believe that in 2 weeks it will be Dec.? Where did the month go? I don't even have all my TG ingredients, let alone christmas shopping started...here is a million dollar question- What do i want for christmas? (that is a material and realistic thing)
Monday- Breakfast Biscuits (didn't get to'em last wk)
Tuesday- Beef Broccoili
Wednesday- Hamburger Helper
Thursday- Smoked Sausage w/ mac'n'cheese
Friday- Steak w/ mashed potatoes & veggie
Saturday- Sausage gravy & biscuits
Starting to think about next week since it's TG, maybe will do broccili cheese soup and teryaki salmon, but not sure yet, just know that I don't want leftovers and Wednesday needs to be lite dinner (if all else fails we can always hit up a sub shop like Subway or FireHouse subs- philly cheese steak sounds good! lol)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I've searched around but have yet to find a "long" skirt recipe like the skirts the duggar's wear. They look so comfy and I remember seeing one in a catalog for teens a few years back but it was like $50.
- My computer dilemma= resolved, after a high price of course but in the end lesson learned
- Still looking for a job, don't get me wrong I'm not pounding the pavement everyday but I really would like to get a call back from someone and at least get a little work
- Rob's job is going well, his first pay check was $6.?? but in less than 2 weeks we shall see # 2 (with some real hours) they don't open until next week and families get a sneak peak free tasting on Saturday - looking forward to some BBQ and going to make brownies for the boss on monday (b-day) love to bake and finally glad Rob likes his co-workers so he'll take in my extras
- I've found myself getting more of those boredom moments so I'm going to thrust my brain into my old Anatomy book in prep for my nursing program (Aug 2010)
- My babies (aka doggies and/or cats) are healthy! YAY!
- My mom's car should be done this week so she can get back to her regular life
- My freezer is full (partly due to a 20 # bird) so this week and next I'm focusing my dinners on eating food from the freezer= less money flying out of my pocket (not that there is much in there lol)
- I signed up for Kmart's reward card today (online, visit kmart.com), I hear Hot Topic has one too.... :)
- A week or so ago i got a great deal at Bath & Body Works-- in the mail I got a coupon for a free signature collection product with any purchase--- I bought$1.25 travel hand sanitizer (warm vanilla) and got a full size bottle of Warm Vanilla lotion FREE (total was about $1.6?)
- Do you often find yourself looking forward to the after holiday clearance deals more than any pre-holiday sale? Me too! I'm already imagining what items I may need to restock (wrapping paper and cards for sure = using p last bit of what i bought when i worked at Walgreens & the cards are what i found at my grammies, waste not want not!)
- I've also been drooling over the sneak peak Black Friday (leaked) ads. I never ever hardly leave the house on black friday but I have to admit I'm slightly tempted and if i had more money say $300 I'd definitely "try" to get that flat screen tv
- Here is a great blog that gives ideas for having Christmas on a Zero Budget!
- Want some easy to make Grand biscuits for your holiday dinner? Here is a stellar $1/1 coupon...
- I heard Kmart has some sort of double coupon deal for the next few weeks but have yet to call my kmart or test it out...learn more here..
- Here is the Sunday insert preview, there's going to be 3 inserts.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Since I'm having a non-splurge holiday shopping this year, really who can afford it? The deals the peak my eye are on:
jackets for the family
700 thread count sheets (what does 700 feel like?)
a few DVDs
I wish I had the patience and money for the 32 in. flat screen. I feel almost like we are the only people left without a flat screen TV. Between my husband and I we have 3 TVs (used to have 4)...Rob's big tv he had before me and it's possessed (likes to turn itself on), my big one I got on a holiday when i was 19, then the wee lil one, my first tv, had it umm at least since i was 12. If i could I'd replace the lil one because it's tiny and Rob's (which i happen to be stuck with, why?) b/c i think it's on it's last year(s). Truth be told, if the next tv we buy is just one flat screen then we'll probably fight over it.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- Did you know the Cracker Barrel has a rewards program? I had no clue and I love their food, there is one just down the street. Check out the program here...
- You know the Glade company? All those yummy smelling candles, my fave are the scented oil candles. Tons of coupons for Glade products, and I just noticed at my walmart they finally have the holiday scents out, I bought 6 so far, hoping to get more though lol..
- Itching for sneek peak Black Friday deals? Check out this site...
Monday, November 9, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
- Just got back from TN a week from yesterday
- last Wednesday spent just over $200 on the Honda (reg maintenance & new battery etc.)
- Yesterday took my baby Max (my little old man doggie) to vet
- Husband officially start his new job (a wopping whole hour of work!)
- Last night found out my mom's car has a cracked radiator (ie undriveable!)
In the next few days hopefully my mom's car will be fixed so that I can have my car back, next monday Zoey gets his turn at the vet, and hopefully on or by Thursday I'll know wheather or not Max's lump is something to stress over! Praying it is A-ok!
When I get stressed, like kind of this, I just feel like I can't do anything major until the stress is releaved. I guess it's that waiting game type of thing, not that I had major things to do, the top of my list is get a job and re-learn Anatomy! Guess that will have better luck next week. So I am really looking forward to my mini vaca with the Duggars tonight. 2 hours of inspiration starting at 8 pm on TLC!
- I noticed that tomorrow one of my local grocery stores is having a Turkey sale, i think it's about .78/lb (plus I have a $1 off coupon)...I guess it's time to start planning, nearly 3 weeks until the big weekend!
- Also heard a rumor that Old Navy's new sale (starting friday) will be something like 40% off coats....we'll have to see....
Stocked up on some of that stuff (stove top is usually well over a $1 since the walmart brand is usually neat $1) and preparing for holiday feasts! (and of course I used coupons to sweeten the deals!)
- Using the lettuce, tomato, & tortillas for Chicken Tacos (already had in stock chicken, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, & cheese)
- Using 1 can of soup & zucchini to make a recipe from my library book (previous post) "healthy" Turkey Tettrazini (already have in stock chicken(substituting), pasta, spices, parm cheese, onion & garlic, and bread crumbs)
- Other meals of the week: Pancakes w/bacon, Steak w/ veggies & bread, Buffalo chicken salad
Zoey in what he "thinks" is his bed, while i'm washing the comforter
Monday, November 2, 2009
- Update on Max: The vet believe his little lump is just a fatty tumor (he has some others but are harmless) so they took a sample and are testing it to make sure since it's hard to tell sometimes....so....if you pray...say one for my little old man Maxie - should know in 2 to 3 days for sure
- After the above event, my hubby was unable to start is work today due to the inspecter not showing up (thus can not work) so we decided to check Target for clearance Halloween gear.....I was shocked to find that their candy is only 30% off, other items were 50% but still too high for the select few items we were eyeing.....an employee said that theyy may be further reduced tomorrow but was unsure and suggested we check back. So I've basicaly had no luck on after holiday clearance since Target is too high ATM and walmart was cleared out basicaly by 8:30 am Sunday. But Target did have TONs of candy left, I mean Isles! Also got a free $5 GC=Joy!
- Do u have any old, broken, ot just used and wanted Xmas lights? Well Home Depot has a great offer for ya. Just bring in your old stringed lights and you get a coupon for $3 off new energy saving lights....check it here...
- Been on a mini baking spree as well. Yesterday I made some Old Fashion Peanut Butter cookies and today Sugar cookies (still working on it) will take photos and post later....