Saturday, May 30, 2009
- I added 5 songs to my music player, one for each state I've lived in (wasn't easy to find)
Ohio is for Lovers (have always loved this song)
Rocky Top Tennessee (very catching, love the references to moon shine and that moutain folk only get there corn through a glass jar)
Florida Boy (song is too long but love the line "wear flip flops in the winter)
Gone to Carolina (couldn't find any with "south" carolina really but this i kinda like and Shooter is pretty cool)
Arizona (very hard to find a song with this state but this one is upbeat and catchy)
- Also, I'm sure many off you know but just in case....Moutain Dew was another sang term for Moon shine.....no wonder everyone i know (ohio born or TN residents) love the DEW hehehe
Friday, May 29, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
- I took a test for nutriton=A
- Hopefully will be taking test for Dev. Psych. today but it is a dif format, not sure how it will go plus is timed (saying a prayer before).
- Inspired by my brother, I think I shall having a cookie baking day this weekend maybe. Making my chocolate duets and pineapple cookies, maybe a 3rd. Yeah way to many for my small family but might send some with Rob to take to work.
- Hopefully will be making donation tomorrow, just my excess health and beauty items to a local clinic for the homeless. Trying to help and do my part.
- My dad might be having some health problems, so please say a prayer for him.
- Going to have Rob pick a recipe from one of my "Top Secret Recipe" cookbooks and will make it. BTW I heard a new one is one the way... I love these books.
- I think a found a walmart that still sells fabric in Orlando. Joy, unfortunantly since I'm not feeling financially stable...I probably won't be buying any.... :(
- I really want to take a big trip and visit my family, all my neices (yes all 3) and see my dad (of course a stop to visit Dorothy's grave). But not sure if it will be happening. I miss them all. But like the story of my life...I'm destined to forever since we'll all never be in the same place. But I hope that they all know I love them so very much even though i'm not 15 minutes away. I admit that I fear the lack of physical presence will equate to some that I have a lack of love or that they can not depend on me But that is not true. My love is unchanging and undying.
- Weird tidbit...I hada dream that i got my job at walgreens back but just as i clocked in they told me I was fired, that I was unable to be "re-hired". No clue where this dream came from....
- My orange cat James has been picking on my big dog Zoey. He attacks him (not hurting, no claws) and zoey will whine because the cat will block a doorway and he is to chicken to pass. Very funny but I feel sorry for Zoey.
Must get to work now, test isn't going to take itself.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
- The Duggar Family....i watch the show every week on TLC ( & discovery health) so why not check out a few tidbits online. See some webisodes at TLC or go to their own family website. Don't forget about Josh & Anna here...
- A recipe for chicken in dumplings from Jessica Simpson. I just made it for dinner tonight (steamed mixed veggies on the side). It's not the traditional style but very easy and tasty!
- The Land of the Lost...it looks so funny. Love Will Ferrell. Did you know he's going to be on Man VS Wild on June 2nd....going to laugh all night....check out movie trailer here. Definately going to be the next date for Rob and me.
- Hair Dye...I ain't talking about the plain 4 main shades of the world....lookie here.
- Need to organize your budget? Print up this form and start planning.
- If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. -Mark 3:25
- Husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. -Ephesians 5:28
- Love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire. - Song of Solomon 8:6
- Love believes all thing, hopes all things. -1 Corinthians 13:7
I recommend this movie to anyone, adult or child. In these times it easy to forget why we made some choices or why we made pledges to one another. The movie is wonderful. It isn't boring or like be preached to. The book is useful, although it is very structured, just reading a bit here and there. Perhaps practicing it at your leasure or just taking a moment to remember your faith and commitment to your spouse. And i suppose June Carter must having been reading point 3 (above) when she wrote that song "Ring of Fire"....
Bought (multi trans):
5- Skintimate shave creams (1.99 ea)
1- Edge shave cream (1.99)
2- Band-Aid pks (2.50 ea)
1- Neo-to-go ($5)
4- Hair assecories (.20 ea)
1- Right Guard Clinical (5.99)
1- Colgate visable white (4.49)
2- Johnson & Johnson products (3.50 ea)
Not in photo:
1- Bayer 4 ct asprin powder (2.49)
2-Starbucks fraps (1.59 ea)
(RR paid: $24.50, rest cash and giftcard)
will donate toothpaste, deoderant, & hair assc.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
I wonder if my sister-in-law or cousin-in-law have gotten/read Dead and Gone yet. And as my clock ticks (to the right) the days get closer to season 2. I showed Rob a scene of it today..... a part of me, teeny part wants to just tell me or tease him with little clues of what is to come But...I don't wanna spoil it for him or torture him. I wonder how many years it will take until they get to season 9?
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Going to get some tomorrow when i search for my chips at another locaton!
This is what I bought from HBO.com check out the True Blood merch, they are currently having a sale, unfortunantly, some of the shirts are limited in sizes.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
- Oscar Mayer hotdogs $1.50 (use $1/2 q =$1 ea)
- Kraft singles $2.50 (use $1/2 q =$2 ea)
- Kraft BBQ 40 oz $1.50 (use $1 q= .50)
- Miracle Whip 16.5-10 oz $2 ( use $1 q=$1 ea)
- Poptarts $1.50 (use $1/2 q= $1 ea)
- Wheat Thins/Tricuits $2 (use $1 q =$1)
- Breyers ice cream $2.25 (use .75 q= $1.50)
- Kelloggs Raisin Bran/Mini Wheats (use $1 q= $1)
- Coke 12 packs $2.98 (use $1 q=$1.98)
Of course there are more deals but these were ones i knew off the top of my head there are coupons for...
If you still need the Kraft coupons go to coupons.com (my side bar) or kraftfoods.com
And it looks like there might be 4 inserts in the next Sunday paper
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
- True Blood Addicts? Well for thoe of you who have the "on demand" feature as part of your HBO subcription, then you might already know that yesterday HBO made the entire 1st season available "on demand". And no i haven't watched them all yet, although am in the process of watching with hubby so he's caught up....
- My classes have begun and it appears all my work will be online, super fantastic! I'm starting off a bit slow but hopefully i'll get into a substainable groove to follow for the next 12/13 weeks.
- Good news for me....I think I may have actually found a place to donate my H&B surplus (+ glucose monitors), still double checking but i've contacted a health care office that opertate for only the homeless and low income. Finially, I can put my 15 tubes of toothpaste to good use!
- Check out I Am A Money Saving Magnet to find out about a new Dove Deoderant product that claims to (over time of course) make hair softer & finer & easier to remove, sounds awesome, you can also print a $2/1 coupon too (check her post for it).
- Don't forget tonight on TLC is 18 Kids and Counting, i think thi episode has a double date with Josh & Anna and his cousin and her new boyfriend? (9 pm)
Monday, May 11, 2009
- Go to my coupons sidebar and check out all the Kraft coupons added today. If you visit kraft and sign up, you can get them there too, good ones like $1 off premium crackers, $1 kraft BBQ
, as well as about 25 or so others.
- If you have any of those Finish/Electrosol coupons left, $2.50 off? Dollar General sells a 12 ct box for $3.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Unfortunately, one day in April 2004 i wasn't wearing the ring and it was placed in my favorite book bag with a few other important items, at my boyfriend's home. I was staying there and didn't think it as a big deal, i believe the bag was in his closet. But you know it was a big party place and naturally lots of stupid and young people came over, weather invited or not. So by the time the next day rolled around, I found my book bag was gone. Along with the contents.... This was deeply upsetting. I'd never see that ring again.
On Sept 19th, 2006 my grandma Dorothy died. A truly catastrophic event in my life, as I was her only grandchild and was quite close to her. So my family gathered with me in her house while we prepared for the funeral and attended it. There was a paper bag or box in the top shelf of a closet/pantry area in my grandma's bathroom. So I went exploring. It was filled with tons of old pictures, even a couple letters my grandma wrote. I remember one must have been after she graduated high school before she married my grandpa. Probably in the mid-to-late 1930's, she talked about needing a job or getting one a cannery. Somewhere in that box/bag was a small old golden ring. It had lots of detailed engravings, 19 on one side and 34 on the other, and engraved on the inside of the ring was DMS, my grandmas initials. This was her class ring, although it wasn't like modern ones with some type of jewel or stone in the center, and it was gold which i usually will not wear or buy. This ring made me feel closer to her and put it on my middle finger (the only one it would fit) on my right hand. It has not left my finger since that dreary week in Sept 2006. In a weird, probably silly way, I think this was the work of God. I don't know if i was meant to lose my own class ring but i think God had plans on me having it replaced with my grammy's. And I take that little part of her where I go.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
I'm frying the bacon right now and have not used this recipe before but it is supposed to be a mock recipe for KFC BBQ baked beans....
Friday, May 8, 2009
I want to remind you that tomorrow your mail carrier will be taking non-perishable food items to "stamp out hunger". I'll make a special trip just to drop them off in my teenie, tiny mail slot, which will give me an excuse to go snag a deal somewhere, probably CVS. Or maybe i'll drop off 4 ink carts. at the post office so i can earn my free ink cart. (Lexmark thing, every 5 you turn in
I'm also pleased to announce i've started to work on a "tan". Yes, pale white as light me. Just a hair tanned now but by end of summer, who knows? In fact, i'm such a good mood i'm tempted to start reading Ch. 1 of my dev. psych book. Or maybe do some micro-organization....come to think of it....i don't think my "mood" is the only cause of this motivation, i think it's the 2 large cups of Folgers Instant French Vanilla Cappuccino.....(needed a boost after 45 minutes baking in the sun and only getting 4-5 hours sleep, i usually get 9).
- pair of reduced jeans (hole on seam of the leg, i'll sew it up, $7.50!)
- flip flops
- 2 dress/summer cover up things
- 2 sleeveless tops
- pj pants
That's 9 item for $58 OOP
Also went to Staples to get the Free Bic pens (w/ Q) and some printer paper that is $1 after rebate.
Went to walmart for some ink, couple folders for school, & honey ham for sandwiches, went to a non-super walmart near my bank and found something my mom wanted so i got it as her mother's day gift.
We "were" going to get our Free KFC dinners today but found out they are giving a raincheck because of the large responders, the line was long so we decided we'd come back another day to get rainchecks...
I've started a "budget" booklet, i've used my left over paper from printing coupons and have it so i can put everything i spend and receive. So i'll know exactly how much money i'm using and where it's generally going. So far this month I've spent $117 on food/household items. That includes todays ink and the ice cream we got at Mcdonald's, nd the chinese takeout we had last week...u get the picture. Doesn't include my mom's gift or the "date" rob and I had at the movies last sunday.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
- Did you print you KFC free 2 piece grilled chicken meal? No? then you missed out. Since i have 3 out 4 computers capable of printing, i have 6 Q's. So...that's 2 free dinners for my family of 3. I can hardly believe that Mr. Kentucky (RIP) would give us such a great deal/coupon. Looks like you can still print today, up to 4 per computer, but might take a few attempts, be patient and you'll get'em! Linky
- So a few of you, cough cough ben cough, might think i'm a wee bit overboard on my shopping/stocking pile of items. Who really needs a dozen shampoo/conditioners? No one needs it....but at rock bottom $ and a little bit of storage space (very little in an apartment though very nice size apartment) why not? I pretty much figure i don't need any health and beauty aid products. So if i just stopped buying any or the "deals" ended then i'd only have to buy food for Fams and my dogs (got the cats covered for awhile..). So if i'm having a bad month? Easy solution, cut back. And we won't even suffer....But the point of this is, check out one of my fav blog(I Am A Money Magnet), if u think i'm just a hair bad then look at her's.....
- Did you catch the new 18 Kids & Counting last night? I can't believe Josh & Anna went to Myrtle Beach for there honeymoon. (it's on discovery health tonight at 9 pm if u missed it)Why they rented a 4 bdrm beach house for 2 people, i'll never know....& i didn't see K&W cafiteria, what a shame, they really missed out on that food but still was enjoyable. I'd like to take another trip there myself.
- Check out the Sunday insert preview here
- Live near Ingles grovery store? Check out there ad, .78 for a dozen eggs what a deal!!! Here is a rough coupon policy
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Monday, May 4, 2009
1-Old Spice APDO $3.99
-$2 MQ -1.99 doubled = FREE
1- Lysol Disinfectant $4.49
- $2 MQ - 2.00 doubled = .49
2- Venom drinks $1.99 ea
-2/$1 MQ - .99 doubled = FREE
3- Hormel compleats $2
-$1 MQ - 1.00 doubled = FREE
2- Fresh Step kitty litter $8.50 ea
- 2/$1.50 MQ - 1.50 doubled - $5?Iams dealw/litter?= $6
1-Kraft BBQ sale $1
- .75 MQ = .25
1- half gal milk sale $1
1- Marcal paper towel sle $1
- $1 MQ = FREE
1- Capri Sun sale $2
-$1 MQ = $1
1- DH Brownie sale $1
- .35 MQ = .65
1- Eggo waffles sale $1
- .75 MQ = .25
- I'm taking a POLL, do you like the way i listed the price/coupons in this post or do you like how I normally list them (seperately)?
(just to note, you might know i have enough deodorant for quite awhile but if i can get items like that for free and do not want them i plan to gather up a good amount and find a local shelter/charity to donate them to, for people who might not be able to afford it, any advice on where to donate, feel free to comment)
Sunday, May 3, 2009
I'm patiently waiting for All Together Dead & From Dead to Worse, they are on there way from the library and I just finished Definately Dead last night, so i guess i'll have read New Moon tonight.
I also confirmed that my Kmart is doing super doubles up to $2. Going to make my monday trips to Walgreens, albertson's, kmart, & walmart. You could call it "cherry picking".
Not sure what Movie we'll get tomorrow but other than the previously listed i'll just be doing daily tidbits and not too exciting things. Maybe i'll talk myself into starting my Dev. Psych. book, since i'll reading 3-5 chapters each week until the class ends (end of june).
Friday, May 1, 2009
2- 96 oz bleach (1.00 ea)
1- Smuckers Grape Jelly 32 oz ($1-.35Q= .65)
1- Natures Own Honey Whole Wheat ($1)
2- Doz. Eggs (1.00 ea)
1- half gal Orange juice ($1)
2- Eggo blueberry waffles (1.00 ea-.75Q=.25 ea)
1- Hot Pocket (1.67 -.75Q=.92)
1- Colgate Toothbrush ($1-$1Q=Free)
3- Pks Augus London Broil (Buy1Get2Free)
3- Pks Pork chops (Buy1Get2Free)
3-Fried Chicken Breasts (1.00 ea)
2- Vine tomatoes (.64)
Total Before Coupons:$93.34
Total After Coupons:$39.96
Receipt Savings: $71.44
(this savings includes sales so i didn't list the before sales $)
4- Chef michael's dog food (.79 ea-BOGOq=2/.79)
2- Pace Salsa (2.79 BOGO-$2.79M.Q.=Free)
2- Razors (6.29 BOGO-BOGO M.Q.=Free)
1- Sprite (not in photo 1.39)
Total Before Coupons:$23.42
Total After Coupons: $3.68
Receipt Savings: $20.14
6-Ronzoni Smart Tatse pastas (BOGO 1.49)
(Used 3-$1/2 coupons)
also went there but no photo, not really deal shopping just needed to get cash back from Robs "Pay Card" so i bought a few items that i was going to buy at a later time, like dishwaster gel tabs, 2 cans of refried beans, fabric stain remover, plastic forks, & brush to clean under finger nails. Came out to be: $11.70