Friday, December 30, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
I also actually planned a whole weeks menu (usually ad-lib a couple meals).
mon- rob's pizza sandwiches
Tues- salad w/ crispy chicken
wed- Turkey burgers & fries
Fri- ham potato cheese casserole or Rob's sandwiches
Saturday- Mennonite Bean Soup (chicken soup for rob)
Sun- chicken lil sammys
The casserole & the bean soup are from my new cookbook I got for Christmas - Treasured Amish & Mennonite Recipes. The soup sort of reminds me of my oldest Best friend's mom's ham & beans. I didn't really like it much as a kid but I'd probably eat anything except peanut butter to spend more time at my bestie's house! As an adult I'm curious if I'd like it more, now that my food spectrum has expanded, maybe I should ask her for the recipe of this one is less than expected.. hm.....
So tomorrow the hubster & I have errands (return something to walmart & check out clearance, get milk, maybe a public run) and we may go to the movies. Probably the last for awhile since School is less than 2 weeks away..... I still don't think it's fully hit me that I have a huge test (like a final) the first week of class. And I'm far from ready for Pharm. Maybe I should skip my fin-aid & order my books (2) from Amazon since I can't get them from the bookstore for another week....
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
So today I was able to organize the money gifts we got for the holidays and a deposit I had withdrawn several weeks ago. I was able to add them back to our "savings" (BTW way we are $2,800 from our goal & have til May). I even added my own little personal savings (to save for a big ticket item, used my unspent allowance & Christmas money) & a thought popped into my head... maybe I should make a savings for God...?.... If I did attend Church I'd definitely make a donation.... So I think I'm going to take $10 out of my hiding spot & place it in an envelope marked God.... maybe I'll save until my next churchy event or til next Christmas & donate it to a church or Christian fund to help the less fortunate. I'm not rich but I'm not poor & I guess I feel like I should make an attempt to a tithe.
- Do you watch American Horror on FX, if so then you'll understand my sentiment "wow", so if you want a peek into season 2 then read this article, looks like we won't be seeing the "house" or the Harmon clan (sadface) but it will be totally different, maybe not even a haunting at all....
- Want to drop a pound or 2? Mosr americans probably could spare a few... read theses tips
- I'm a sucker for those articles that rank American towns, check out this one on the Best Downtowns here....
Ok so today was kind of slow for tidbits, Thought there would be some awesome deal for after Christmas shopping, I did find True Blood season 3 in the Target ad & online for $15 but other than that .... lots of stores have sales if you have any money left to blow lol
It seems like a lot but know God's will is what will be and I have faith & confidence in his direction for my life & my family's. So if you choose, send me prayers for my goals- particularly the graduating school & being a nurse one, since those are the earliest tasks at hand & will open more doors than I even know right now. God made me a giver & called me to be a nurse, with those 2 things I think I can really help some people in the world. For all my loved ones and those you read my blog I send you prayers for blessings & that your 2012 will be joyous & that you & yours can have great things in store like I may have.... Turn to the Lord for he loves you, forgives you, & only wants good things for you.....
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
- Check out these "of the month" clubs, like fruit of the month, beer of the month, etc.
- Need a creative idea to wrap a gift? Check out money saving mom's post here
- Check out this graphic about USA pets from Frugal Dad here
So I have a mountain of laundry & some major cleaning to do....
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Sunday, December 11, 2011
- Nursing 4 will be over (by the grace of God I'll walk out of that room with a big smile silently repeating "thank you God thank you God")
- I'll be getting cozy in bed so I can wake up way before dawn
- As long as the first point (above) is glorious then I'll be starting a new chapter in Nursing - Prepare for 5/Pharm/6, know it , breath it, eat it.... & I'll be thankful for nothing can bring me down or take away this Christmas gift from God. When I'm a nurse I'll have alot of "paying it forward" to do, I'll do with a grin & gratitude!
So I'd say at lest by mid-day, maybe 48 hours until test start I began the nervous/stressing feeling. Not the ok I'm worried. The physical- I need some Mcd ice cream cne or cheesecake, I want to eat, I don't want eat, I think I should work out but I can't because "it takes away study time", the "I wish I had 3 more days", I can't study anymore, I can't study enough, I shuld stay up late tonight & study but then by 9 I can't focus & I just feel blah. Blah almost sickly, just not great but no pain. Take a few deep breaths, read the bible or pray. This will continue until I leave for the exam. All I want, strive for, & ask God to help me with his to pass this test, pass this class. It's like labor- once it's over with i'm so happy.
Monday, December 5, 2011
- Want over 3,000 mp3 songs? go here to amazon, many Christmas songs!
- Check out this charming house plan, isn't it nice & cozy? Maybe I'll be blessed with a place this beautiful & spacious in the future....
- Right now Walgreens (at least in Central FL) has a dozen eggs for 99cents which is a pretty good deal because all my other local stores have them for over a $1.
- Want some discounted shoes? Head to payless.com and use the code mentioned in Hip2Save's post, it will earn you 40% off. I wasn't going to get my husband the slippers he saw at Kohls (ones you can wear outside) but payless has even cuter ones for $19.99, with discount will be sweet! Want something sweeter? get it shipped to your local store to save almost $6.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Then after my final, I'll be waking up way before dawn on the 14th to make my way north to TN. The picture above is Graceland (not going there but all I could find when searching "Christmas in TN"). But I'm sure my brother's house is lighted up with Christmas joy!
Saturday, December 3, 2011
So the next day Rob asked if I would do something like that. This is probably going to sound odd but I think Rob and I almost anticipate getting pregnant to be a challenge. We are starting later than most and then there is a time period for the birth control hormones to run out. I guess I just wouldn't be surprised if it took a lot to get pregnant.... Hopefully next year we can give it a try.
The story really touched us both I think and the night was good. Maybe I'm wrong but I think maybe Rob god one step closer to God. Therefore, besides my own interests, it was a successful evening. I'd go again in a few years or if in the Houston area consider stopping by his church. So...
- on his website he has some printable things I think are cool go here and scroll to the Resources
- I also got his new book (bestseller listed) Everyday a Friday from the library, it happened to be delivered that day.... Divine Delivery?
I think it's past my bedtime. I was not very pleased with my latest test results so I must study and do excellent on the Final on Dec. 13th. Then it's off to TN for some R & R and hopefully snow. With God's Will this will be our last vaca to my brother's house due to my graduation & moving next May.