Tuesday, June 30, 2009
I went to Alberston's where they are having a sale on Rayovac batteries for $1.
31- varies packs of Rayovacs
1- 5# sugar (2.79)
.60 off sugar
31-$1 off 1 rayovac
pretty good deal I think, just had to pay the tax and a few bucks on ordering coupons from thecouponclippers.com....
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
2. Step up work station. Could take a while so get comfy...
I do this about every 3 months...
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
- Harper's Island ----Have you been watching? Dude I just finished watching this episode & wakefield is alive?!? And like always the person I thought would die didn't (no points for me).
- 2 Fav Clothing stores ATM----- Hot Topic
& Old Navy......HT has such cute things and lots of band/movie/tv related stuff. Old Navy is comfy, some cute styles, affordable (especially when they clearance things). I know 2 completely different kinds of stores but so what if loving them both means I don't fall in a certain Sterotype, I'm just me.
- Currently waiting for a few things to arrive from the library (probably monday) - Paula Deen cookbook & some Indiana Jones DVDs for hubster.
- Are you getting a Sunday Paper? There are some good coupons like: -$1/1 starbucks frap or double shot drinks - $2/1 Starbucks ice cream - .50/1 6 ct Double Roll Angel soft TP - $3/1 Starkist Seasations (i've tried 2 flavors, my fave is the Lemon-so so good)
2- Starbucks ice creams ($3.79/BOGO)
2- Ben & Jerry's ice creams ($3.79/BOGO)
1- Cookies (2.99)
1- Iams (4.99)
1- Dog toy (2.99)
1- Crest Enamel Sheild (2.99)
Total Before Coupons/ECBs-------------$29.91
Total After Coupons/ECBs--------------$11.64
First... this is a photo of what I cooked for dinner the other night, it's not just any old lasagna but 2-sauce lasagna. Basic principle of lasagna, just add a couple layers of Alfredo sauce, so you have a tomato sauce and alfredo. I use a bit less alfredo compared to tomatoe because the garlicy alfredo sauce can over power the tomato flavor. I ended up freezing half of this because my small family couldn't eat it all. I also added some mushrooms into mine but spinach is also good.
Second...here is my husband and his newly Blue hair (done by me).
Third....today, i was relaxing post errand running/pre-final with a fake cappicunno and flipped some channels to end up watching The Soup on E! I've seen this show before but am not a regular watcher. I have to admit although sometimes tasteless and could be considered offensive to some...this show is so funny. Truly an easy pick-me-up.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
- I took my midtern for Nutrition=A
- Tomorrow is a test in my humanties class
- Thursday is Final for Psych class, this one i'm most nervous about
- I'm currently waiting for 2 books and 4 DVDs from the library to arrive (anytime this week) but I currently checked out Seven Brides For Seven Brothers...I love that movie, my dad bought me it on VHS years ago. I don't get around to watching too many old movies now a days but still have a few favorites (like Meet Me in St. Louis, the Gidgit movies, Daddy Long Legs, some others i can't recall & of course The Wizard of Oz, i've always associated it with my Grammy since they have the same name)
- Now that Rob is on days I find it harder to get out to shop but hopefully I can work something out, Tomorrrow I have to go to CVS
Monday, June 15, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
The rules are as listed:A) List 6 unimportant things that make you happyB) Mention and link to the person that tagged youC) Tag 6 of your favorite bloggers to play along and comment on their blogs to let them know they have been tagged.
2. Watching movies with my Husband
3. Brushing my Dog Max
4. Finding a coupon deal to get something Free
5. Watching the Duggar's on TV (because they inspire me with their faith)
6. Donating goods to others
Thursday, June 11, 2009
- Went to old navy to use my coupon, I bought 3 things for myself ( wedge pink flip flops and 2 tops) the rest I bought items to "gift" for later birthdays or something, like my mom etc.
- Went to Kmart (see previous post)
- Went to CVS at the mall and found out that they do not participate in any of the ad deals, which sucked but I did need Medium sized disposable gloves and used ECBs so no OOP
- Dropped off books at library
- Got the rest of Rob's last pay check money out from ATM
- Went to walmart to use some soon-to-expire coupons and stuff
- Also ate lunch at mall-Burbon Chicken-YUM
Now that i've done all that I'm pretty bored, nothing on TV and I'm procrastinating on the laundry...
1- Dove smooth deoderant
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- 38% of married mothers of infants have martial satisfaction, while 62% of married childless women have marital satisfaction
- 1 in 5 adults have been divorced
- Higher divorce rates among: Teens, nonspiritual people, & high school drop outs
- 2006 divorce rates were lowest since 1970, 3.6 divorces per 1,000 women
- Top 3 reasons for Divorce
- Lack of emotional (and/or career) support
- Spousal abuse
Here is new Vocab for ya
Fictive Kin - Friends who are considered and behave like family members.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
- Need some money help? Educate yourself with Money 101 here
- Want a form or template to help manager your budget, debt, or savings? Go here to Google docs.
- Need a little help with your marriage? or a boost a faith to go with it? Go here
- Here is a great site focused on faith in all aspects of life
- Shop at the Salvation army, go here to find one near you, remember it's not just a good deal but you purchases help fund programs for needy people.
- Need a good deal on some food, check out Angel Food Ministries here...over the last year they have expanded and now offer several option add ons
- Duggar approved Fireproof....
- Last but not least...The Duggar Family
Monday, June 8, 2009
Spicy Corn Chowder
Creamy Shrimp Bisque
Cheesy Corkscrew w/ Crunchy Bacon Topping
Cane Syrup-Glazed Sweet Potatoes w/Marshmellow Streusel
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Last year I discovered a sweet potato casserole recipe and loved it so maybe this one with marshmellow streusel will be yummy.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
- I took another Nutrition test=A, go me! I'm getting a teeny bit nervous for the mid-term because A. i don't know how many questions B. it's timed (50 minutes)
- The only shopping i've done all week is walgreens (expiring RRS) & walmart where we spent abut $41, not sure on what but $10 went towards new ear phones for Rob's MP3 player
- I've lost 2 pounds this week (much needed) I think one was for my working out the begining of the week (and last week= 30 minutes on bike 13-15MPH) and the other was probably stress...
- Found out the my sis-in-law's sister makes as much as my brother, which made me feel pretty good since i'm basically doing the same thing = hopeful (I just hope that i'm in a calm environment and can trully devote all my time or at least enough attention to schooling)
- I deleted all my downloaded music on my desktop, i don't think it made it run any faster
What am I going to be doing today or near future?
- Well a week from Sunday is TRUE BLOOD finally
- Going to go to Publix for cat food and pasta sauce (a deal yes and i figure no matter happens in my life I'll have enough pasta & sauce & cake/brownies that we'll be carb loading)
- Also got some errands( post office, drop book off at library, get cash from rob's paycard at ATM, eat lunch (main meal of day) out, sign lease)
- Going to do some school stuff too of course, have to start a 2.5 page creative writing assignment where I am to protray the life of an ancient greek person like a wife or something (i feel i have to be the wife because i'm a woman and the only women back them were wives or slaves...) In about 10 days or so i'll have a test, a midterm, and a final due. (getting headache now)
- At some point in the next couple weeks the vet will call for Max to get blood test...trying to put off until homelife settles
- I've been fighting the temptation to buy myself jeans (fav brand on sale) and rob Tripp pants that are on clearance at HT (would put back for christmas) but since recent personal events I feel like if i spend money on things i don't need i'll end up regretting it ... i really feel like my life is on hold (except for school)
I guess my life is pretty boring for now....I forgot to add that I'll probably be going to the movies on Sunday and might consider a day at Disney in the next couple weeks (we have non-expiring tickets & it's like a 30 min drive)
BTW I've heard they'll be 3 inserts in Sunday's paper...Buy One!!! or check out that coupons and decide if you want one.
A coupon that sparks my attention -$1 off 7 oz + Folgers (could this be used on my Folgers FRench Vanilla Fake Cappicunno?) If yes then I'll have to get a few "extras" so i can have some in my stock (it's $3.54 at walmart and on a bad week i can go through a can).
P.S. I also need to re-dye husband's hair (he went blue) and mine too (might put off until that final is over)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
- Get a free coupon booklet from homemade simple here.
- Ragu, hellmans and more coupons here
- Don't forget coupon bar to the lower right has reset and added a few new ones!!!
- Need some medications....check out these coupons
- Hit up Hot coupon world to see some posted coupons also....
- BTW have you tried starbucks new ice cream? I tried the Caramel Macchaito...so good!
Monday, June 1, 2009
- Im putting the couponing on hold for alittle while, so probably will have less posts but will continue to gather my coupons.
- I forgot about the new Redbox free monthly movies and missed out on getting a free one today..pooey...
- Positive note: I have 2 cookbooks on their way to my home: Down Home with the Neelys & Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives....maybe i'll find some "stellar" recipes. If I ever move I'll definitely miss the library books through the mail service.
Tomorrow is my niece's birthday, Kayla, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the double digits, you'll never go back now...