Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010: Almost here...

I have to say I feel like the kid that is being gently pushed as her shoes slide across the floor, unable to stop herself but yet not trying....that is how I feel about 2010. 2009 was ok, not my worst but not my best......I suppose I look forward to 2010, just in the hesitant, slightly scared, teeny bit glad/excited but only as much as one can be when you don't know how it will all turn out!
When I look back on the year....I remember a few things that I enjoyed...I got accepted to a real college nursing program, I got to see 2 of 3 nieces (& bro, SIL, Uber), Rob got jobs.....When I look toward 2010 I see- stress, a clock ticking down until august, fear of the unknown, I see the usual couple dr & vet visits, maybe we'll actually go to one of the parks, if lucky I'll be able to see my out-of-state family......
The older I get the better at keeping my expectations low aka achievable yet still keeping something to reach for. On a whim I've played the lotto....surely to win nothing but it's up to God, I just bought it to open the possibility lol. And when I thought to myself this morning, "what would you do if u won the lotto?" It wasn't something extreme or luxurious but simply move to a place that doesn't have noisy neighbors and get rob started on his college education. Those are 2 things that I feel pretty good about that even if I don't win the lotto we'll be doing them, just not in 2010....

So I hope everyone has a safe New Years Eve with loved ones and that the New Year brings good health, happiness, and opportunities to us all...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee,
    I have an AWARD!!! for you, come by and visit my blog so you can receive it.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete