Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Freezer cooking & more...

This is my Turkey, Sausage, & Rice Soup starter. I've never made it like this but didn't see the point of making a huge pot soup that was probably half rice and broth that would take up too much room my already full freezer...so I just combined everything else (cooked leftover turkey, smoked sausage, carrots, celery, onion, and about 4 cups of chicken broth just to have it all covered and freeze into one big mass). If a few weeks I'll just thaw it and add some rice and broth until it looks good, then it's dinner served....perfect for a semi-cold Florida Dec night...
This is my current stack of library books (minus the fiction book), trying to hurry along with them because yesterday, as I posted, I added the limit to reserve at my library...so...I checked it this morning and I have 6 cookbooks "in transit" and Eclipse is allegedly here (means it will come probably tomorrow or friday, the rest will take maybe a week)..

This is our Christmas tree, with 3 small/med gifts pushed to the back. It's actually my mom's tree, Rob and I had a green one in TN but I have no idea what happened to it A. it's in my brother's basement or B. it's somewhere at our old house-never to be seen again. This isn't my first choice of trees, I'm traditional, at least in some aspects, not so much with hair lol! One day, when we settle into a home I want a big full green tree...until this this will do. Our first tree (2004 1st xmas) our young cats got into and knocked it over breaking one of the legs the allows it to stand....so I just took the top part and rigged it into a vase (just the bottom) and placed it on our table... Hopefully tonight I can catch the cats under the tree...they love it there! The gifts that keep on giving!
Also, just a quick note....some storms are moving into central FL, we should get them later on in the evening but the counties north of us (Ocala-Gainsville-ish area) already have Tornado watches....



1 comment:

  1. I hope the storm didn't get too bad for you guys! Aaron likes the white trees but I'm fond of the green ones as well. :)

    ReplyDelete