Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tick tock...

I know I still have just slightly less than 2 weeks until the first day of Nursing 2 but I already feel the muscles starting to tighten....
I made a goal that I was supposed to start last Monday (but have yet to do- spend 2/hr/day on school). So today I'm at 6 hours that I need to do to stay "on track" with my goal. Will probably just read the first weeks material and start my term sheets, maybe review a little material from Nursing 1.
Although the website for my class is a little lacking in info ATM, I did print the calendar and here are my topics or chapters (not really sure yet) for Nursing 2:
Anxiety
Peri-Op
Respiratory
HIV
Sensory
Neurovascular
Cardiovascular
Mood
Gastrointestinal
Crisis
F&E
Diabetes
Musculoskeletal
Genitourinary
Substance Abuse
I'm currently trying not to over think/analyze the calendar so I can retain my control over not freaking out. Truth is I'm not totally sure what we will be doing other than 10 clinical at the hospital just about every week and 2 days of classes. I know I have moments when I feel like I can't do this but I made it through Nursing 1 and if I just take a deep breath I'm sure I'll make it to graduation. Hopefully my teachers will be just as nice and caring as the previous ones. So please continue to pray for me for becoming a nurse does not just open one door but it opens so many for my family. With this success I hope to be able to service a community, to help others and maybe make there medical care a little more pleasant, and for my family to get a good job with insurance and help my husband start college and try to start a little family of our own and buy a house and just have a peaceful life. So with God helping me along the way I hope to be able to make all that happen.
As this year comes to a close I am incredibly thankful for all the people in my life and for the blessings that have happened, especially passing Nursing 1.
Also... I have all my days off til the summer.... (Note only 3 days a week I will have school unless something pops up)
Feb 11th
March 7-11 spring break
My final currently is scheduled April 26th and Nursing 3 starts May 9th

No comments:

Post a Comment