Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Afternoon...

Today I got a coupon for BOGO pedigree canned food, one that i couldn't get to print. I also got a booklet of coupons from proctor and gamble, super! I also received 3 items by delivery, from my library. New Moon, a southern cookbook, & a WII game.
Just before I was about to start reading New Moon my brother called. He thought my deals today were pretty good but our conversation ended up with him basically saying that couponing would not save him money because he'd never buy the stuff i have for himself and his wife and daughters. Although I strongly beg to differ, clearly this an issue we'll never fully agree on. I am reminded of my life before Oct, before couponing. I once thought that if i wasn't going to buy it then a coupon wouldn't save me but after finding out how the "couponing" world works (pairing sales with coupons, etc) I eyes opened to the potential things I could and would get for free or half the cost. Some items i wouldn't buy, but will certain deals too good to pass i altered my "normal" brand for the better deal. With certain programs after CVS and Walgreens I've been able to score lots of health & beauty freebies, even some makeup. Items I wouldn't buy if money was tight. I never pay full price for stuff like that since i have a "stockpile" of items, which is a big part of couponing. If you wait to buy when u need it then you'll have to pay more because it is unlikely you'll be lucky to have the a coupon and sale available just for that item that you just ran out of.
If we lost our income tomorrow i know a couple things: my family would be clean from teeth to toe, our home would be spotless too, & our pets would have full bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment