Monday, January 25, 2010

Tomorrow...

I'll be cooking up some new things.....Broccolli Cheese Soup & Fried Chicken Legs...and you might say i'm "free balling" it because i'm not using a recipe....
For the soup I was ill-prepared and realized that all my recipes required cream or half'n'half and all i have is milk so i'm just gonna wing it, just add the normal soup stuff, take my broccoli stalks and blend them into a puree type thing and leave the florets whole and add maybe a little milk and lots of cheddar cheese!
For the legs....I looked up recipes on food network and alot of them included buttermilk so I just put my legs in a pie-plate and covered with abot a cup of buttermilk...all i had on hand leftover from a week or so ago (pancakes)...tomorrow i'm gonna heat up some oil to 325 and season some flour...presto..Fried Chicken...hopefully
I don't have a cast iron pan so i'm using a regular one and i'm hesitant about the fried chicken....and that's rare for me....it's one of those things that either you got it or you don't...
I'd love to see my brother make Homemade fried chicken.....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment