Friday, January 15, 2010

Book Review: The Pioneer Woman Cooks...

This cookbook seems fairly good. It has general recipes (not specific to one type of food, just a little this and that). I love how each step of the recipes has a corresponding photo, so it helps ya identify what it should look like or how it should be. I've probably picked about 4 or 5 recipes that I may copy or try....however....I don't own this book but borrowed it from the library and for the first time ever it appears that a previous "borrower" has ripped out several sections of recipes, at least in 4 different spots. So I am missing some of the recipes and have some incomplete (like there is a picture of some kind of cake, but i have no clue what kind it is or what the ingredients are because someone stole it!). It amazes me how someone could abuse the library system this way. Is that hard to write out the recipe? Or to photo-copy it? I'm sure when I'll return the book but plan to make sure it is when they are open so that I can take it to the customer service desk and show them what has been done to this poor book. Since this book was just released to the library on Jan 1st it is brand spanking new and perhaps they can narrow down who did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment