Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shredded Chicken Sandwich...


That's what I'm making for dinner.
I'm from Ohio but never realized that this is an Ohio thing. I stumbled upon a whole website devoted to it, plus locations to eat it and recipes....
For those who aren't farmilar with this, it is not a BBQ chicken just chicken...though most recipes have a few added ingredients to increase the flavor. I first had one at a major corner in Urbana at the Dairy Isle, which has sadly been replaced with a blockbuster (althought the small town needed one, i still miss the dairy isle). I've had a couple generations of my family make it at home as well....
I haven't nailed down a written recipe but it's easy and simple....just cooked up some chicken (easiest with boneless skinless chicken but could do it old fashioned way) in a slow cooker until it is falling apart and if needed use what little effort it takes to shred it.....then add a can of cream of chicken soup....if too soupy add some bread crumbs or something of that nature....
Put it on a bun and grab some chips...there's dinner!
For more info check out the shredded chicken website here...

No comments:

Post a Comment