Monday, March 9, 2009

Sweet Meatballs







Here is a recipe that has been in my family longer than myself. It's bbq meatballs or grape-jelly meatballs....sweet meatballs....Simple recipe!




Just take equal parts grape jelly and ketchup!
Heat it up until it becomes one (jelly melts and ketchup mixes)
Then add your pre-cooked meatballs




I made my own meatballs first and then added them in. I used 1 small jar of grape jelly and then filled the empty jar with ketchup and added it to the pan. For my family of 3 this is more sauce than needed for the 1# hamburger meatballs, so i've reserved the rest of the sauce and am freezing it for another time, but i could have made extra meatballs and saved half to freeze. Th key is 1 part grape jelly + 1 part ketchup


(I was trying to get the photos of me and Zoey under the recipe but um, i'm not to blog savy, that's me a couple weeks after the re-dye job and zoey in the kithen watching me make the meatballs)

No comments:

Post a Comment