Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I got my homescan!

So I got my homescan device a couple days ago. Yesterday I plugged it in and went shopping at walmart. It took me about 5 minutes to scan my merchandise, in the guide it said I might have to enter prices, which i did but I'm hoping either with updates or internal memory I won't have to re-enter prices for items I've already entered. I did it by myself but I think I might enlist Rob's help next time, he can read off the receipt.
How does it work? Or why is it worth "my" time?
Each calendar week I will "transmit" my scanned info (i just hit a button). If I scanned nothing that week I still transmit because for each week you transmit (you only transmit once a week) you get points. I'll use these points like money to shop from their catalog. For the first 6-months I get 150 points/wk, after that I get a raise. And you raises up to 6 years. Additionally for each transmit I get entered into the weekly sweepstakes, monthly sweepstakes, and if i transmit every week during a quarter I get entered into the quarter sweepstakes which 2 people win their choice of: luxury vacation, a car/truck, or $20,000. Their are 15 winners for the weekly and 10 for the monthly (i think). The catalog mainly consists of home items, gifts, electronics, like a Xbox 360. So I figure eventually I might win a sweepstakes which would be super worth it and until then i'll collect points until I find something I want. Granted the higher price items require a lot of points (years worth), the catalog is good through 2010 so I figure in the next one maybe they'll have a PS3 or some gadget we haven't gotten yet. (I'm sure Rob would want a PS3 before then but the only way he'll get it is if we win the lotto or he saves his money, he's not good at that, too many cheaper things he wants)
On another note I'm just about 100% or better. Just some slightly flem or nasal congestion, Claritin working well for that. Yesterday was my math test and I'm pretty sure I didn't get an A on this one. Rob went to work this morning (mom too) So it looks as though i'll be alone until mid afternoon. This week Rob might actually work 40 hours, which would be terrific because he is supposedly just "part time" according to paper work. So I'm about to compile a list of potential To Do's now that my life is getting back to normal. Ya know I have this "itch" to go to Disney World. It's only 30-40 minute drive (probably 25 miles) so I actually could, i'm not cause ya know I'd have to semi plan it, Rob and all. But I could!!!! I really wish my nieces were here so I could take them, that would be so much fun! Maybe my brother will let then come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment