Saturday, January 24, 2009

Frugal Tips?

If you don't know me personally then you don't know how our family is being affected by the economy. We moved to Orlando last Sept (from TN, but were Floridians prior to that); since then my husband has been unemployeed due to not enough jobs - too many people looking for one. He's been everywhere from retail stores, high end hotels, and resturants like Applebee's (is former job in TN) to Wendy's. He's had less than a handful of call backs/interviews and needless to say no one has offered him a job. So a few months into living here we went of food stamps. Our food stamps are coming to an end pronto. We have no employment, I'm trying to become a nurse (student in college). And if it were not for my mom and dad, I don't know where or how we'd even have the money for food, let alone paying bills like car insurance.
So I thought it might be nice to think of some frugal ideas to save money, like on food and stuff. I'm looking for tips I guess. I know I'm not the only one who is struggling or could cut back alittle (or alot).

Got any frugal Tips? Recipes?
Here's my first Tip
Since hamburger helper is affordable we are eating more of it. I'm not a huge ground beef lover, I do enjoy the occasinaly cheese burger or meatballs; So when I make Ham. Helper I use 1/2 lb. ground beef instead 1 pound. I think this balance is better (though others might not). It means with 1 lb of meat I can make 2 boxes of helper or 2 seperate meals.

1 comment: