Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring break!

So my skimmed by on the Pharm exam and successful passed my IV check off. Yay! Now I'm on spring break & trying do as much as I can. Yesterday my husband and I went to visit his dad who is serving life in prison for being a habitual offender- when he was a teen I think he asulted someone or stole something(not for sure), then a few years later grand theft, then a few years later armed robbery (however the weapon was a toy gun- no real weapon). For those actions he is in for life, I don't think the punishent warrants life in prision, at least let him have the option for paraole. But the only shot at that is if my Husband & I gather funds & find a lawyer to pursue it (he has no else involved in his life). I never knew the criminal, nor my husband, but we have grown to know a little about him now which must be changed. And my husband might even have a couple siblings that he will probably never meet.

Meanwhile, have heard about all those Tornado's this past weekend? My brother had to hang out in his basement again but they didn't get one, got to love the valley.

Also Practicum assignments are out!!! I got Winnie Palmer - mother/baby unit (postpartum). Of course I'm sure God must have played a role in this. Tomorrow I get to speak with my preceptor & figure out my schedule. Don't get me wrong, there are still lots of exams left that must be stellar grades so I can succeed & exceed so I may get pinned on May 2nd.

Now for a few Tidbits....



  • 10 Foods good for hair here, I know I could always use a little more strength and shine, I'll admit it I dye my hair. I was born with blond hair, so pretty, with a hint of strawberry-red highlights. People would kill for that, but since my hair got somewhat darker- a dirty blond I suppose, I go all out with the bleach blond effect. Although some people may wonder what my true color is (those who didn't know me as a kid) look at my eyes (blue) and my eyebrows- they are light. I'm not like the Hollywood bleachies with near black/dark brown eyebrows....


  • I just have to laugh at this one- a Ranking of the 10 Happiest States (and the less than happy) here .... Tennessee is tied for 10th for low well-being, only to be neighbors to Florida at number 9. Taking a look at the low ones- a lot are from the south so maybe health places a role- lots of obese people in southern states....


  • I found a new blog, Survival Mom, thanks to the Today show. I'll admit I watch Doomsday Preppers on Natgeo. I find it interesting and at some point may consider having a 3 month supply of food (maybe?) but definitely interested in getting some N95 masks (thanks to Contagion and me being a nurse) and increasing my medical supplies. I've lived through Hurricane warnings when the shelves are cleared before the news can report it, when power goes out for a week and the grocery stores can not sell anything or only dry goods, and gas is getting in line for at least an hour. So I know first hand that getting the items you want (vs the items you'll only use if you have to like certain foods) means shopping before the event, before the warning. And to some extent couponing can play a role in this! Are you the Ant or the Grasshopper??

Well I hope that was enough mindless info and updating....


No comments:

Post a Comment