Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving Week

If you ask me, Fall time is the best season. While the end of this fabulous time is fading into colder days, longer nights and a glimpse of what winter has in store for us lets enjoy the time we have left.

Are you cooking a feast this week? I sure am. I cooked my first turkey when I was 12 & for years have been doing the same or similar feast to celebrate Thanksgiving. In fact, I bet I posted about it in early years of the blog.

My Menu 2017

  • Relish Tray (this is what my family calls dip with veggies, cheese, crackers like an appetizer)
  • Deviled Eggs (no mayo, no relish)
  • Rolls
  • Turkey
  • Gravy
  • Stuffing
  • Scalloped Corn
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Sweet Potato Casserole
  • 4-way Sheet Pan Pie (it's a new one I'm trying) 
Way more food than my little tribe need but how do you cut out a dish that you usually only get once or twice a year? I just don't know if it would be T-day without them all... 

Here is my rough draft plan:
Tuesday: Make brine & bath the beast
Wednesday: Make the mammoth pie, rolls, eggs, prep relish try.
Thursday: Bake the beast and finish the feast! 

My plan for Thursday will also include a trip to CVS (gotta score some deals) & watching the Macy's parade. My husband has to work on T-day, poopers, so we eat Thanksgiving Lunch = Lee wakes up super Early! 

No comments:

Post a Comment