Saturday, May 22, 2010

Binge & Splurge....

An unusal Saturday for me and my hubby....
  • it started off with us going to Rob's Charity event thing for local employees of hospitality businesses. But due to some misunderstand or lack of effort on a manager...it ended with a bit of disappointment, with sweating in the sun for several hours doing nothing until we ditched it!
  • After a couple quick, cooling showers all was on the up & up.... but I didn't get my nursing student packet (was told to have it by weeks end, will check monday, then contact them), so that was a bit of a downer as I want to know what is going on so i can Plan...
  • Then it was followed by us picking out chinese take out, rob decided we should splurge on over $20 worth of food (3 dishes), but before the food arrived I had a forced conversation with my mom about our future living situation (don't really want to talk about but the jist is I'm pretty unhappy as it will increase my monthly bills dramaticly)...so i filled up my plate with an extra scoop or 2 - the binge
  • Later, the food coma came on, added to the sun exhuastion & the emotional diseree...a tiny bit of a nap
  • Then I decided i need alitle retail therapy, if u can call it that when i only spent $3.50 on myself (Rob spent $60 and bought a couple things for others, but all was on free visa gift card i got from my bank for my visa points)
  • Then the cheesecake, not my own but still tasty and rob got his ice cream!

So...i'm home...my problems aren't vanished and even sleep won't make them disappear because they'll be there when i wake up and probably for the next 2 years, until i graduate (hopefully) & get my license so i can get a really good job! My vacation seems more like a last hurrah before the ship sinks...but i didn't know it was sinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment