Friday, December 22, 2017

Military Life

Are you (or your spouse) in the military?

I'm interested in finding out some personal insight/opinions. I have considered the military as an employer several times in my life. Recently, I've gotten some information from a recruiter from the Air Force because it is the only branch accepting WHNPs. While some of my family are strongly against the idea of me joining the military, it is still something I can't rule out. My biggest concern is how my kids would be impacted. With moving at least once (if I only served 4 years) and the potential for my deployment (although less likely than a FNP and probably only for 4-6 months). 
I'm gathering information as I continue with school. 
Some pros would be: job security, honor in serving as a Captain (probably), healthcare/potential retirement benefits, military discounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment