Monday, February 2, 2009

Religion for the Week

Above is a bookmarker that I received for my grandma Dorothy's funeral almost 2 1/2 years ago. One side has the poem, that you see and I use this in my bible.
This is my Bible and it was gift from a church I attended as a child. It is perfect for me because if i could pick out any bible it would be white with silver writing.

Ok so if you know me then ya know I believe in god and was baptised a Methodist; however I do not go to church. I do pray daily and am slowly reading the bible. And after I read a chapter in my bible last night, I was flipping through to random pages and found a few verses I liked. I decided to share them with my christian readers.
Proverbs 18:22
"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord."
Proverbs 19:1
"Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool."
Proverbs 27:1
"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."
Proverbs 28:25
"He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat."
Romans 8:39
"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
2 Corinthians 7:16
"I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment