Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Motivate, Encourage, Uplift, Mentor...

First of all, I want to say that I should be studying but I'm not perfect. Now to my point...

It has come to me a realization that I want to inspire, motivate, & mentor. I had an experience where I was maybe uplifting someone with positive encouragement. You see I've always believed that a person (ie myself) can be whomever they want to, do whatever career choice they desire. If you have the drive and determination then you achieve your goals. So I also believe this to be true for everyone.

I don't live in Fantasyland so I know there are real boundaries in the world, obstacles, speed bumps, and long journeys. But I still believe that if you are willing then you can... I would not be in the middle of a master's degree program if I did not believe this.

I think I used to think that they only way I could deliver this message as through supporting my nieces. And now I feel like I still have that support or advice to give (my nieces don't need me for that). So I probably won't go into some major thing while I'm busting butt in school but I think it will be a real part of my future. Maybe I can join a mentoring group or start something. Maybe at a high school or YMCA. Maybe I can get other local professionals who share my desire to join in. I'm not political but I am aware of needs and changes that could improve certain populations.

I'm a positive person, I'm a hard working, I thoroughly enjoy helping others and get high off it. Because uplifting others is uplifting to my soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment