Sunday, January 28, 2018

Week 4 Pharma (+opinion poll)

Just updating you on the life of a graduate student, a graduate student in the healthcare world.

I took my 2nd exam and passed so I'm glad about that but nothing can make me happy unless I get a 95% or better. I just need to stockpile points so I can have a good gap for the final.

I'm learning GI but truthfully it is all a little bit of repeat because I've learned some already thru my first RN program and from being a hospital nurse. But I will say that isn't quite the same as the role of "provider" aka script giver. My time looking up drugs and consulting the pharmacy will be reduced because you only get 15 minutes with a patient unless you are doing an annual. No one knows it all, especially with the constant changes in healthcare, but I hope my patients won't mind if I consult my clinical apps, verify things, and then implement the plan. I know I wouldn't mind because I'd rather have the best care, not guessed care.

How would you feel if your provider (NP, MD, etc) used a smartphone/tablet to look up something regarding your health?

I'd really love some patient insight on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment